Home

Which RB is better?

This is a discussion on Which RB is better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which RB is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostone
He's in the Lenzelle drake/gutierrez/connor phillip draft.

And I was thinking B as well, But A has wr like catching attributes. Does this not factor in the decision very much?
Sure if that is the style you want to play. But those are cheaper to upgrade then str,spd,acc and agil. 92 str is ridiculous. That is like AP strong. I would go with B and just upgrade the catching attributes.

Also about the strength, in my years of scouting madden drafts (whole 2 years lol), I feel it is very rare to find a RB (that isn't a FB or should be) with that high combination of STR, SPD, ACC, and AGI. A RB with just SPD, ACC, and AGI and no STR are easy to come by.

Last edited by Greensparrow; 10-25-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

TE only reason to keep A is the speed. The age gap isn't enough. Personally, I think speed is overrated for RBs. I'd take player B.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensparrow
Sure if that is the style you want to play. But those are cheaper to upgrade then str,spd,acc and agil. 92 str is ridiculous. That is like AP strong. I would go with B and just upgrade the catching attributes.

Also about the strength, in my years of scouting madden drafts (whole 2 years lol), I feel it is very rare to find a RB (that isn't a FB or should be) with that high combination of STR, SPD, ACC, and AGI. A RB with just SPD, ACC, and AGI and no STR are easy to come by.

Just to play devil's advocate, here are the top rb's and their str.

89 - AP
88- Lynch, Jacobs
85- S. Jackson, Richardson, Blount
84- Snelling, Turner, McGahee

So rb B is way ahead of all these guys, while Rb A is only behind lynch Jacobs and AP. So is that "little bit of diff" worth the drop off in speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Just to play devil's advocate, here are the top rb's and their str.

89 - AP
88- Lynch, Jacobs
85- S. Jackson, Richardson, Blount
84- Snelling, Turner, McGahee

So rb B is way ahead of all these guys, while Rb A is only behind lynch Jacobs and AP. So is that "little bit of diff" worth the drop off in speed.
I use Benji Jackson. I don't know his stats off top of my head. However I upgraded his ACC from 96 to 99 and it only cost 20K a point. His speed is at 96 or 97. I'm curious of his STR now, because he runs guy over often. He is the best back I've found. I have not had eiher of the 2 listed here yet.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i would take a cause i like speedy recieving backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 10-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

IMO the critical stat is missing. What are their carry ratings? With the run blocking in this game, I can get production out of anyone, but if they are causing turnovers it's over.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #15
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
IMO the critical stat is missing. What are their carry ratings? With the run blocking in this game, I can get production out of anyone, but if they are causing turnovers it's over.
Carrying is really cheap to develop. Speed, acceleration and strength are far more expensive to develop, so they come at a premium for any player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
RB A
Spoiler

20 years old 93 spd, 87 str, 97 agi, 92 acc, 82 trk, 91 sta,78 spm, 86 jkm, 88 ctch and cit with 86 spc

OR

RB B
Spoiler

22 years old 91 spd, 92 str, 96 agi, 94 acc, 86 trk, 87 sta, 90 spm, 95 jkm, 76 cth and 82 cit with 78 spc

Have Rb A on roster, thinking of getting B.

Thoughts?
My decision would depend a lot on the players injury and toughness ratings as well. If one is below 80 as HB, they can go down quite quickly, and if toughness is low as well, it is not unlikely to be for half the season

Other than that, there is no reason to replace A with B. I think STR is for blocking, and 87 is already high. Stamina is very expensive to up, and A has better phys compared to B overall in spd/acc/agi combined. The crazy good receiver abilities of A puts him over the top compared to B, gives you good options of screwing with your opponent, audible him into receiver position when LB is on him

Edit: B is better in truck (few points) and spin/juke (quite a bit). Truck in pre-90 rating is not so expensive, and A can easily catch up. I believe the moves are even cheaper. Now personally I am just a trucker, and not using spin/juke much, so for me they are almost useless in this comparison. Hence further I would keep A, and I presume you would somehow lose some resources in getting B (be it a draft pick, other players etc), unless it is a 1 for 1 trade of HBs..

Last edited by nekolas; 10-29-2013 at 07:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »