Home

Best Madden ever?

This is a discussion on Best Madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Madden ever?

I'm normally a h2h guy thats why this one blows for me.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

The PS2 days are a happy blur for me. I bought my PS3 primarily because of Madden (I didn't read forums a lot at that point - oops!) and haven't really been that engaged since. At least I have Netflix to redeem the purchase...
Old 10-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #35
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm going to have to go with Madden 04,
With 15min quarters I can actually get the CPU to sustain long drive that eat up 5 to 7 minutes of the game clock.
I had Madden 07-12 on the 360 but went back to the ps2/xbox Maddens
Also Madden08 is good on the PC with all the modding available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am really liking Madden 25. Before anyone goes off let me explain why. I am not a hardcore Madden gamer. I do not play online. I really like the ability to run the football in this madden with the precision modifier. My only problem is this game will always be "how much better could this have been without the next gen release". All Maddens to me have felt unfinished but I have enjoyed them since Madden 10. I have never liked how Madden would add some features and then take some away. If only EA would follow the 2K basketball and MLB show formula. I really do like all the options you have in Madden 25 and despite some of the glaring issues we have come to expect it is still the best football game I have ever played. My favorite game before this was NFL2K5 but even I was not a fan of the passing system in that game. All games have flaws but if you are sitting on the fence and not planning on a next gen system anytime soon I think you a missing out on a fun football game. Patch 2 was good but would like to see them work out a few more kinks a future patch..that is if we will see one.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like for ps2 it's 05 and for this gen 25. Be nice if OS would look in on here and see who keeps spamming up this thread.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
MVP

I liked 06 the best. Had a lot of off field stuff like game planning for great players on other teams. Needed some improvement but was a good start. When the 360 came out they dumbed everything down, i assume because they did not come with a hard drive. Just now getting back to where they left off. I have to say the funnest football game I ever played was NFL 95 on the sega genisis. Had montana with the chiefs on the cover. Me and my ex brother and law used to stay up till daylight playing that and getting drunk. Still remember dumping it off to Barry Sanders with 9 seconds left and him going all the way for the win. Good Times
Old 10-31-2013, 02:16 AM   #39
Rookie

Madden 94 and 95..remember playing as cowboys and emmit smith and aikman against the tough 49ers.. Good days

I'm waiting for madden 25 on ps4.. Hope it's good ...

Best football titles that kept me up all night playing... Madden 05 and of course nfl2k5... 2k and 2k1...gameday 96-99

Last edited by Dolphins88; 10-31-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityManiac
Call me old school if you want...

But the one that stands out to me the most was Madden 99 (PSone).

I just remember that so many new features and gameplay enhancements were added that year. I'll never forget seeing franchise mode for the first time and about craping myself with delight that you could play more then one season and actually sign free agents and do the draft (at the time this was groundbreaking stuff).

The defensive AI improved greatly, meaning it took more then one or two "money plays" to beat the AI on a higher difficulty...You actually had to plan your attack...and mistakes were punished.

I loved every Madden before 2007...Ever since then I feel like they have regressed a little bit year by year...with the last two games being the worst (and the sales have shown).
Sega sports football/ prime time football had franchise,stat tracking ability to move your team in 1995.

My favorite madden will always be the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »