Home

Has EA explained (difference in videos)

This is a discussion on Has EA explained (difference in videos) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Has EA explained (difference in videos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I thought the majority already came across the following article, if not here it is.

EA Sports Ignite trailer shown at Xbox One reveal 'pre-rendered using in-game assets'
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...endered-assets
Thanks, thats the first time I have seen that article. Not to beat a dead horse but even that article smells of the same old EA hype machine. He said the game is on par with and even better in some cases than what we saw and we know thats not the case with Madden. UFC, FIFA and Madden all looked great in those videos, NBA Live not so much. I haven't seen any thing about UFC since, NBA live still looks Last Gen, people are saying FIFA has minimal improvements in the area of graphics and we have all seen Madden. Again Im not a graphics whore but if Madden only has minimal graphic and game play improvements I will be dissapointed especially since we were told they have been working on this game for two years. If this is what we get after two years what do we expect when they do back to one year cycles?

Thanks again for the article, it answers my question so this thread can be closed now. Thanks for all the info fellas. Good luck to you all as you try and find a video gaming football fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's not a lie it's "marketing", lol.
We usually agree on things, Big, but this time I have to disagree.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...se+Advertising

False Advertising

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)).

That vid that has "actual gameplay" plastered all over it is definitely a misrepresentation of the actual game. It doesn't matter if it is the game run on a high end computer. It's a misrepresentation of the actual game we're getting. I remember back in the day, there was a big fuss over Final Fantasy 7 because the commercials all showed nothing but cutscenes and no actual gameplay. That was a shady move by Square, but in the end it was indeed still the actual game. That is not the case with this Madden. From the graphics to the player movement, that trailer looks nothing like the actual Madden. Hell, it looks like a completely different game. Everyone bought it because no one knew what next gen was gonna be like, but now we know and we know that was not the Madden we're getting.

This is the same situation as Aliens: Colonial Marines and that has drawn a false advertising lawsuit:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...ising-lawsuit/

that was valid enough to have Sega's attempt to throw it out dismissed:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/04/a...-move-forward/

So, it's not just marketing. I guess we would have to wait and see what the outcome is from the Aliens: Colonial Marines lawsuit before we know for sure that it's actually false advertising, but at the very least it's very shady. One thing it's not is "just marketing".
Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I thought the majority already came across the following article, if not here it is.

EA Sports Ignite trailer shown at Xbox One reveal 'pre-rendered using in-game assets'
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...endered-assets
That interview came out after the "1st" CGI trailer. There have been no word about the Second trailer with in-game models.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #28
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@splff3000, we agree on this too, I was joking around with the first sentence but was making the point after that for anyone to prove false advertising they would need to take EA to court, like the examples I listed did.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
Rookie

playajay98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yes they did. The footage had "actual gameplay" all over it. Seems to me like this is a very clear case of false advertisement. I'm not a lawyer or anything so I don't know how valid that claim is, but it seems like it falls into that category.
Still not sure how this doesn't at least turn into a class action. Seems like there have been at least 3 or 4 since I've been buying EA football games. This one seems like a slam dunk. Any attorneys play Madden that wanna help us out?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #30
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

If someone is going to sue, they wouldn't be able to until the game is release so they can really compare the actual game against the E3 videos and other trailers. If any of the videos say actual in game footage or something like that then its reasonable for a buyer to think the actual game will look that way. I say someone that has a lawyer already should take it to their lawyer and have them take a look at it and see if they have a case.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
Banned

They did the same thing with Live 14 too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
What if that version is the PS4 version? Have we seen any ps4 footage?
Thats what Im thinking...hmmmmm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »