Home

Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

This is a discussion on Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #41

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Just playin devil's advocate.
Which is fine but you would better off bringing a better "devil's advocate" point then that one...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

Quote:
What if. Just what if EA isn't showing anything because they don't need to because the game is amazing and simple word of mouth and reviews after release is gonna sell millions?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
What if. Just what if EA isn't showing anything because they don't need to because the game is amazing and simple word of mouth and reviews after release is gonna sell millions?
Yeah, I'd like to see the marketing department put that proposal in front of the big bosses.

"This game is so good that we don't need gameplay footage to build excitement before release. In fact, if people saw the game now in all its glory, they'd probably riot. Putting that footage out there is irresponsible - you don't want that blood on your hands."

"Amazing! Security will help you clear out your cubicle."

It's a little more likely that there's a reason we keep hearing that you have to "feel the difference." To be fair, that's something I can respect to an extent. Then again, you don't have to feel the difference if you can see it.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #44
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorry. I haven't purchased an NFL game since Madden 2008 on PS2 and miss the old days of the chess match that was Madden. Never thought 6 years later I'd be yearning for that typ of experience again. Kinda taken for granted I guess. Like tge saying you never know what you have til it's gone.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #45
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I find the lack of footage discouraging...

Luckily, though, I have two weeks to decide as the PS4 isn't released until Nov 29th here. Plenty of time to read the reviews and the feedback from OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
This isn't GTA.....
Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #47
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Sorry. I haven't purchased an NFL game since Madden 2008 on PS2 and miss the old days of the chess match that was Madden. Never thought 6 years later I'd be yearning for that typ of experience again. Kinda taken for granted I guess. Like tge saying you never know what you have til it's gone.
I think Madden 2008 is still available for the Playstation 2.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #48
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't read this whole thread but in EA's defense which is possibly grasping at straws but if you look most of the footage that usually drops of full gameplay action is not via the EA Hype train.

Every year EA sports has their promo's and trailers but rarely do they willingly provide full gameplay that often comes from people who EA gives the game to early in the community and things like that but with no console to play it on that isn't happening. I think thats why were getting less footage than were used to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »