Home

Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

This is a discussion on Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I haven't read this whole thread but in EA's defense which is possibly grasping at straws but if you look most of the footage that usually drops of full gameplay action is not via the EA Hype train.

Every year EA sports has their promo's and trailers but rarely do they willingly provide full gameplay that often comes from people who EA gives the game to early in the community and things like that but with no console to play it on that isn't happening. I think thats why were getting less footage than were used to.
The problem with your theory is that EA has put an embargo on almost ALL of its Next Gen games not just Madden. That's why you are not seeing footage or previews of ANYTHING really.. FIFA, LIVE (which needs the exposure the most), and of course Madden.

That said, I doubt Madden has anything to hide. It'll play very similar to what we have on current gen - which essentially amounts to a big pile of unpolished, warpy, jerky, robotic, arcade football.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #50
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

If you have Madden 25 on current-gen, then there's your footage and gameplay right there. Only thing that will be different is the grass and how shinier the helmets are other than that... same game.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #51
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

This is so annoying. We are seeing all these videos from every other next-gen game except EA... What are they waiting for?... Do they have nothing good to show?...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #52
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Let's be honest please guys NG Madden will probably be CG with better lighting. I just don't see that Madden team making an complete overhaul. BTW don't give me it's 1st games on NG we seen 2k14 NG looks nothing like CG 2K. I get that you all want to be optimistic but when's enough enough?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
This is so annoying. We are seeing all these videos from every other next-gen game except EA... What are they waiting for?... Do they have nothing good to show?...
Do you want the answer, or would you rather just hold on to the hope for the fun of it?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #54
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

With NBA2k blowing peoples minds with every trailer they drop, I wouldn't release much footage either. Graphic wise alone 2k has set the standard for next gen sports games, and Madden looks pretty good but just seems to be better lighting for the most part.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #55
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Do you want the answer, or would you rather just hold on to the hope for the fun of it?
Deep down I know. I just don't want to believe it. Not after what I have seen from the other company's next-gen game. Just hard to believe they can do all they did for next-gen, but Madden gives us a port with a new Oline/Dline as the only difference. Granted it's a very much welcomed difference, but it's not a next-gen experience from what we have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #56
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Lack of footage doesn't bother me. Pasta and Ian describing their hands on experience by saying they couldn't tell the difference set my expectations. I'm more interested in the license situation at this point.

I've got March madness in October.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »