Home

CFM, Trade Discussion/Help

This is a discussion on CFM, Trade Discussion/Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
CFM, Trade Discussion/Help

So I wanted some opinions on what would be a fair trade in my 32 team CFM. I am running the Eagles and the CPU manages the other 31 teams most of the time and even though I COULD just do whatever I want in regards to trades, I try to keep it realistic. Sooooo:

In my second season I am looking to acquire Larry Fitzgerald and dump DeSean Jackson.

Fitz is older but more talented so it's not a fair trade straight up. I was wondering if throwing in a pick, maybe 2nd or 3rd, would be better.

Opinions?

And feel free to add any other CFM trades you want input on. I enjoy seeing them and discussing what's fair/realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CFM, Trade Discussion/Help

Straight up trades are a rarity in the NFL, especially star power for star power. Obviously Fitz is the greater star here. The way I see it, you'd need at minimum a 1st and a 3rd, and maybe another 3rd the following year to get Fitz straight up. Jackson would probably net a 2nd and possibly a comp pick pending team record. I know I would err on the Cardinals getting the deal I the trade, so I would probably do Jackson, and two 2nd rounders.

Mind you, a trade like this would most likely only occur IRL during a contract year and there being no chance of resigning that person (and you don't want to franchise them). You have to take into account what kind of contracts both receivers have as well. If the cardinals take the brunt of the cost in the trade, they should be dealt compensation. That's my take. Another option would be a 1st this year with Jackson with a 3rd/4th the following year.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Just started!

removable

Being ranked as one of the most popular brands in the world, tiffany gave a new dimension to the entire International fashion scene. Even after all these years, there has been no decline in its demand and popularity and the young generation especially women love to wear tiffany jewelry and other fashion accessories from Tiffany jewelry on sale. It in fact isn't going to matter what number of readers you will get to the internet site: if they don't love whatever they initial see they may leave! Protection and firewalls could not be as formidable as individuals on committed servers. 100 % free world wide web hosting seems incredibly good but what will you truly get? As half of the offer,Tiffany Jewelry Outlet, even merchant accounts are made available by a number of online businesses. We invariably look at whether or not the footwear is our style or ideal in totally different occasions. So it is the most effective choose. Your favored design and color,Tiffany and co, good quality is all right here in store. Though there are plenty of designer dresses easily available these days, if you are absolutely a fashion fanatic, you should give a thought of buying a creation from Isabel Marant. Classic bustiers. A classic bustier is strapless, though there are myriad variations on the strapless bustier theme,Cheap Tiffany, some of which do include straps (removable, off-the-shoulder, spaghetti and so on). Bustiers are also considered women's underwear because they make the perfect undergarment for strapless dresses and gowns as they not only support the chest but tend to slim the waist as well. At the very least, this undergarment prevents unsightly sections of fat from spilling over at the waist or hip line of an item of clothing. If you need compression in the waist area, buy a longer bustier, but if you are slim through the tummy, you can go with a shorter style. Abrams1Karen Fairham1Karen Fegarty1Karen Fish2Karen Fredricks1Karen Hall3Karen Jones1Karen Kleo1Karen Le Blanc1Karen Martin4Karen Morvan1Karen Peralta1Karen Post1Karen Saggers1Karen Saunders5Karen Shilling1Karen Sulser1Karen Wells1Karen Yap3Karen1Kari Net1Karianne Kline1Karim Ismail1Karin Manning5Karin Syren1Karin Vibe Rheymer Stewart1Karin Workman2Karinet3Karl Blanks1Karl Caprio1Karl Lee1Karl Moore2Karl Smith1Karla Osborne1Karlaage Isaksen1Karlmarx1Karma Kerala1Karolina Nichols1Karoline White2Karolis Petreikis1Karon Thackson7Karon Thackston77Karpagam1Karra Moss1Kart Redfield3Karthikeyan4Karthi1Karytron2Kashif1Kasper Boytang Sorensen1Kasun Kalhara3Kate Cade1Kate Johnson1Kate S.1Kate Smalley3Kate Smith5Kate Sudarkina2Kate Zabriskie1Katerina Mitrou1Katherine Hansen1Katherine Torres1Kathi Harris1Kathie Robson2Kathleen Gage34Kathleen Gag1Kathleen Landers2Kathryn Beach2Kathryn ONeill2Kathy Brown1Kathy Gulrich4Kathy Jones4Kathy Joyce4Kathy Poole1Kathy SocialKat1Kathy Sparks1Kathy Young1Katich Sm1Katichsm2Katie Goodman1Katie Marcus303Katie Marks1Katrina Fleming1Katrina Sawa6Katy Luck1Kaur Bali2Kaushal Shah1Kausik Dutta3Kavita Batta7Kavita B1Kawaljit Kaur1Kawaljit Sharma1Kay Brenner2Kay Brenner7Kay Lee1Kay Stu1Kaye Marks6Kaye Z.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

^^ What? I'm pretty sure this is a trade thread.

Anyways, for Fitzgerald you should trade at least your 1st from this year and next year along with a 2nd. That trade seems reasonable to me.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4

You wouldn't have to send the farm to get Fitzgerald if you're packaging DeSean. When you take into consideration the 4 year age difference and the massive gap in salary, you wouldn't have to go overboard to get him. Fitz has a cap-killing contract that very few teams (despite it being Fitz) would be willing to take on.

As Rollo suggested, Jackson + 2 second-round picks seems sort of fair. There are a lot of factors at play if you're trying to make it realistic, so it isn't very easy to gauge, but I don't think anyone would balk at that deal if it went down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Rookie

More realistic imo would be packaging DeSean to another team for picks. Then packaging picks for Fitz. Realistically, a team won't give up a star for another star if they're "rebuilding." Packaging DeSean to a team desperately in need of a WR and trying to push for a playoff spot would make sense. Then using some of those picks with your own mingled in to get Fitz. Somewhere along the lines of the draft trade for Julio Jones, but maybe not that drastic. If need be, do a few trades in order to get around the 3 slot limit.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I ended up waiting through the off-season and signing Randall Cobb (25 years old) and sending Jackson to the Panthers for a 2nd rounder.

I made sure the Cards drafted
Spoiler
who is a STUD so Fitz should play his career out with a nice QB.

What trades have you guys made or are considering?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I ended up waiting through the off-season and signing Randall Cobb (25 years old) and sending Jackson to the Panthers for a 2nd rounder.

I made sure the Cards drafted
Spoiler
who is a STUD so Fitz should play his career out with a nice QB.

What trades have you guys made or are considering?
Very diplomatic of you. It's funny. I was going to suggest Jackson to Carolina. I think he would thrive in a place like that, and the team likewise with his addition.

I usually trade for Kendall Hunter or LaMichael James. I'm a huge SF and Oregon fan, so I usually side with James. Aside from that, I try to stay away from trading for players, an end up gutting my teams half the time. I won't play a 49er franchise because I know I'll inevitably want to trade Kaepernick, Gore an Crabtree for picks so I can build my own studs >.>

I've actually been thinking of rebuilding one of the gutter teams. If I do, and I end up seeking to aquire players, I'll probably try and acquire players that may possible be available irl. Trading for Mallet or Driskell and get a groomed QB and see how he can turn a franchise around. Or take a team with a decent QB, but no receivers and try and get Josh Gordon.

I couldn't bring myself to throw a ton of picks at the Lions for Megatron or something similar for other superstars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »