Home

Madden NFL 25 "Living worlds"

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 "Living worlds" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 25 "Living worlds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I'm not sure how many of you have actually played football or even watch the NFL but when you see players and coaches not watching the game many times its because there is an awful lot of coaching and adjustting happenning on the sideline...I get the distinct impression that some people think that every person on the sideline needs and should be watching the game. Thats not how it goes down. Its actually more realistic that a position coach would be coaching up his guys during the game and possibly not paying attention to specific portions of the game.

having coached HS and played NCAA D1 ball I can tell you with certainty that unless you are a reserve player that never plays you are not going to see most of the game if you are an essential position coach or starter. In fact, it would be very common to be somewhere on the sideline focused on what your coach might be telling or showing you.
With all do respect. please stop trying to defend EA. Not only are they "not" watching the game. But they aren't even really moving. Just standing in one spot looking at one spot on the field. Or turn backwards for no reason looking at nothing. Its not like they are coaching or going over the game plan. They are just standing there. Not sure where you coached but that ain't "real".

And from those vids there is no "coaching up" anything. THEY JUST STAND THERE. Stop trying to defend it, nothing to defend it looks bad man. Period.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Living worlds and no cheerleaders. Yey for ea sports.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm not sure how many of you have actually played football or even watch the NFL but when you see players and coaches not watching the game many times its because there is an awful lot of coaching and adjustting happenning on the sideline...I get the distinct impression that some people think that every person on the sideline needs and should be watching the game. Thats not how it goes down. Its actually more realistic that a position coach would be coaching up his guys during the game and possibly not paying attention to specific portions of the game.

having coached HS and played NCAA D1 ball I can tell you with certainty that unless you are a reserve player that never plays you are not going to see most of the game if you are an essential position coach or starter. In fact, it would be very common to be somewhere on the sideline focused on what your coach might be telling or showing you.
This is all true.

The disconnect comes in when you consider these sideline people are just standing there, looking into the stands trying to flag down the beer vendor, not coaching or doing some other team related activity.

Honestly, I think the crowds in The Show from several years back look better than these. That is not a favorable impression for something that is being touted as "new" and " living".

Last edited by Sturzinator; 11-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
EA are a bunch of liars.
And now their it is....finally someone not afraid to say the word...liars!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And the Ignite Engine, a new engine that is being used across all EA Sports game, is now a recycled part?
The marketing quote says Ignite "blends new technology with the best... systems from across EA into one powerful, new engine." To me that actually does sound like recycling. They're combining tech from different games, but my guess is a lot of that will happen over time - each game still looks pretty different right now. I'm not quite sure how this gets called an "engine" though... I guess it's a pretty loose term.

Quote:

Yeah, it would be one thing if a few guys were huddled up with a coach as a contrast. But there are people looking at the field, only they're still staring at the original LoS. The camera guy seems to be getting footage of the back of the chain gang during what must have been a looooong TD run. I'm one of those guys who never played football, but I still feel qualified to say this isn't showcasing the feature very well.

Sorry to say, but what's the point in nitpicking complaints? Yes, some guys could conceivably be getting coached during an exciting play. There should be some reaction from everyone else.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
They must be Irish. They are exaggerators. Not sure I would call them liars. Putting True Step on the back of the box isn't really lying, cause it does exist. It's just greatly exaggerated, since it's only active for at most two players on the field at a time. It's more misleading then out right lying. But I do get your point. I guess that's what marketing is all about.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #55

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Yep, you're right. And where is all that?

I don't see coaching or "talking up". I don't see any conversations at all, I see people blankly staring somewhere and no interaction whatsoever.

On top of that, yes, we all know coaching happens on the sideline. More often the not the offensive skill players aren't even watching the game when they are off the field because they are worrying about their next possession.

And I don't have to tell you this since you played D1 and apparently watch more NFL then anyone else here but that doesn't happen right on the edge of the sideline which is what we see. We see the backups that are standing right there watching the game whether to see if they are going to get called to spell someone or just because they have nothing else to do.

That's not to mention we don't even see benches on the sideline where the starters would be sitting getting "coached up."

And again, you played but just to remind you, if you are second on the depth chart and the number one asks to be spelled you need to be watching the play to know if you need to be in there, not the stands.

But this is coming from someone who just watches plenty of football and I played baseball in college so what do I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #56
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
Can I get banned for saying that? Anyways, I understand bending the truth a little, this is a business after all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »