Home

Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - The Prototype (QJB)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - The Prototype (QJB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #73
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - The Prototype (QJB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
How could you POSSIBLY know this? Madden has been in a constant catch up to PS2 games for years. Do you think people are unjustified in their criticism?
Some people YES! I mean complaining that too many fans are wearing the same number jersey?! or not all the players on the sideline are following the play?! Really?! Who gives a crap! I want solid gameplay addressed first and foremost, not what the fans look like.

It's like EA is trying to add all these new features but not making an effort to make the feature work to what it should be. 2k did the same thing with baseball, tried to implement too many new features in one development cycle before having them actually work and the game as a whole failed. While some parts were spot on in 2k baseball like the presentation and announcing, too many other "incomplete" new features failed and brought the game down. To me EA is on this same path, we see glimmers of hope but something inevitably brings the game to a screeching halt!

To me the only team that got this right was SCEA with The Show.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #74
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Guys, seriously leave QJB out of this. He is really only posting what he is allowed to post. Don't take it out on him. This ALL falls on EA's shoulders. Look, they are lacking so much confidence in their product that they don't even want 11 on 11 gameplay shown. That right there tells you everything you need to know.

QJB isn't much of a sim gamer, but IMO he is pretty entertaining. I know a lot of people think he is annoying. That's all well and good, but everybody thinks differently. Anyways, no need to bash the guy for posting what he is allowed to post.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys do realize that these are just videos posted on Qjb's personal YT account right? They are not official EA videos in any shape or fashion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Don't waste your time. Ea could be posting these videos and they could be the best game we've ever seen and people would still complain
These are official EA videos, unless you guys think EA was able to (1) give this guy a PS4 a few weeks early and (2) he was able to professionally cut together this PS4 footage using his own resources.

Most likely he played the game at an EA event and they assembled videos for him to voice over. I take him at face value: he's not being forced (lol) or paid. I'm sure he wants to do these, but they absolutely are an EA marketing effort. I doubt he controls the content (besides his own voice, and you can bet EA watches these vids before they get posted) or even the titles. While EA hasn't invested enough in this game by my standards, they certainly have by their own. EA isn't going to let some dude, GC or not, take control of their new product's image.

I know you guys think we're all 2k fanboys bitter about the exclusive. We're actually EA customers starving for a good football game. Why is that so hard to imagine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Some people YES! I mean complaining that too many fans are wearing the same number jersey?! or not all the players on the sideline are following the play?! Really?! Who gives a crap! I want solid gameplay addressed first and foremost, not what the fans look like.

It's like EA is trying to add all these new features but not making an effort to make the feature work to what it should be. 2k did the same thing with baseball, tried to implement too many new features in one development cycle before having them actually work and the game as a whole failed. While some parts were spot on in 2k baseball like the presentation and announcing, too many other "incomplete" new features failed and brought the game down. To me EA is on this same path, we see glimmers of hope but something inevitably brings the game to a screeching halt!

People aren't hung up on sidelines or crowds, but if that's what's being advertised, that's what the comments will be about. We've waited a while to see what Living Worlds would mean in action. Now we know: upgraded models off the field and coaches who react a little to plays. It's another massive over-sell.

Last edited by rootofalleli; 11-03-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: more multi-quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks Good, this might be my third game I pick up for the PS4.

People can say what they want, things can always be better but I look at life with the cup half full. I like current Gen madden and this looks better so Win Win for Me

peace
Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #77
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
Not everyone on the sideline watch the ball. Just saying!

check my post on page 4, I know this. im referring to how BARE and lifeless the sideline is.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23

But we aren't getting good gameplay either????????

I assure you, if we were being shown an improvement in gameplay or anything gameplay related the attention would be averted from some of these secondary things.

As of right now, we haven't seen any positives with regards to gameplay either though, what do you really expect at this point?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #79
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Then he must've won the Taco Bell PS4 "Get it early" contest.......
No, he played it while he was down there and recorded some footage, he got permission from someone at EA to post them and then chose to post them. He posted about this on Twitter today.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #80
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Feels like their needs to be more equipment on the sideline as well. Looks really empty in Madden.

Tiburon really has to nail the details this gen imo. I feel like instead of crafting all these fans they should've been trying to sell the fact that this is an actual NFL game being viewed. Put all the cameras and camera men in proper places, all the equipment, cheerleaders, players coaches. Not just random characters. Really try to sell the illusion that this is an actual event taking place.

Hell yea Sage this is what im saying, NOT EVERYONE on an NFL sideline is wearing that teams logo products either. These sidelines are soooo bare that if they only cluttered them up a bit with equipment and random dudes in street clothes with field passes around their necks, or more benches. IT would give the impression of being more alive. It almost like they've never seen a sideline. Maybe its not an easy thing to do but it cant be rocket science. They should have never included "Living Worlds" in the first trailers if it was going to be "iffy" as to whether they could pull it off the RIGHT WAY, right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »