Home

A big reason why Madden is considered terrible...

This is a discussion on A big reason why Madden is considered terrible... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: A big reason why Madden is considered terrible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Exactly why I can't play this game, the passing game is the most important part of the offense now a days and it's the most broken component in the game. Its soooo repetitive and boring! I dont see how people can play this game for an extended amount of time. It doesn't matter whos in at Qb they all throw like Tom Brady, triggering the same old animations time and time again.
Came to post this^^^

I only play in online leagues and I only have 1 to play in as this game is just god aweful with the passing game and the defense to counter it. I hate seeing people do exactly what the OP showed in his video as it works every time and if its not that its the manual bootleg plays that renders defenders useless as they freeze and let WRs run their routes with no resistance from them at all which leaves them open as the QB sprints towards the sidelines.

Oh, add to this that those superman shoestring tackles also kill it for me when it comes from a D linemen who was just getting blocked and sheds off and dives 6yds to make the play! UUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #26
Pro

I remember, several Madden games ago, they had intentionally reduced QB accuracy when scrambling backwards or sideways because ppl used to run the hell out of it with Vick and Culpepper. Remember ppl would just drop back like 20 yards or run sideways 10 yards and just heave the ball 40 yards to an open receiver? I remember we EA addressed that issue in the next Madden game. I guess it was a "feature" that they've since removed.

I have yet to play a human opponent t in Madden 25, so I haven't seen any of the nonsense seen in the OP's video. However , the passing game, QB accuracy in general, needs to be addressed. Receivers are just too open and man coverage is abysmal and zone is even worse. CPU QBs will easily have 70+ accuracy after a game. Even mediocre QBs. I honestly miss the QB Vision cone. Lots of ppl hated it, but it was a good way to address the issue that's seen in the video. And since EA did away with QB Vision, it seems that the scrambling and heaving the ball thing has simply returned to the game. Good work EA.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
MVP

Just wish people would play to their ratings. They should adjust the ratings for the players for difficulty levels not just make all kinds of unrealistic crap happen to make it harder. Maybe, when you sim a game they play to thier ratings. When you play the game; take an amount of points off attributes. Maybe, say reduce attributes by 250 and the cpu randomly drops that amount of points from your players abilities. Not the physical abilities like speed, strength and such, but things like tackling, blocking, catching and such so that your players are weakened to a level that makes it competitive for you. Then they play to those skills.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
This was one of a few plays in the same game, but I chose this one because it tells you all you need to know about the quality of this title. This is absolutely atrocious, and it's what makes this game what it is.

I'm playing defense on this play, and I've put players in position to stop a play action pass on the strong side of the field, while hot routing a line backer and corner to maintain backside contain. Look at how Kapernick is able to roll out to his left, turn his body, set his feet and make a perfect throw across his body AND the field for the TD into coverage. Not to mention he was getting hit as he threw it. This is the crap that makes me furious and the fact that you can do this garbage in this game is unacceptable. Awful, ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!
And this is one of the MAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYY reasons why this game has been placed on my shelf...

RIP J.J.

Last edited by HeavyHitter55; 11-27-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
Pro

I don't know why people continue to rage on with current gen Madden.

Past gen was crap, we all know it, the gameplay was littered with the garbage seen in the OP.

Go to next gen, you can't do this stuff no more. Complain about it to the cows come home, but this generation is over, nothing to be gained by continuing to beat this dead horse.

So much is still to go w/next gen, but so much of what you all hate about current gen....is gone, including this.

I just don't know what people gain by continuing to rant online about it. They admitted last gen was a muck up, we know it, they cut ties and moved on....the players should too.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
Just started!

I am desperate for an NFL game worth playing, but nonsense like this is exactly what makes this game the laughing stock of the sports genre.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
Just started!

Johnny Manziel and more come to Madden 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I don't know why people continue to rage on with current gen Madden.

Past gen was crap, we all know it, the gameplay was littered with the garbage seen in the OP.

Go to next gen, you can't do this stuff no more. Complain about it to the cows come home, but this generation is over, nothing to be gained by continuing to beat this dead horse.

So much is still to go w/next gen, but so much of what you all hate about current gen....is gone, including this.

I just don't know what people gain by continuing to rant online about it. They admitted last gen was a muck up, we know it, they cut ties and moved on....the players should too.
We got some rain in Cali the other day, but it was all water. Does it rain next gen systems where you live? If so, mail me one!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »