Home

A big reason why Madden is considered terrible...

This is a discussion on A big reason why Madden is considered terrible... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: A big reason why Madden is considered terrible...

I read thru, but didn't see what difficulty this was on. On rookie, even Pro, I would not be surprised to see plays happen like this pretty often, especially with QBs like Kapernick.

My suggestion is play on higher difficulty, blitz more people, CBs preferably, or just learn to accept bogus plays like that as a challenge or one of the random lucky plays that happen every week in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
This was one of a few plays in the same game, but I chose this one because it tells you all you need to know about the quality of this title. This is absolutely atrocious, and it's what makes this game what it is.

I'm playing defense on this play, and I've put players in position to stop a play action pass on the strong side of the field, while hot routing a line backer and corner to maintain backside contain. Look at how Kapernick is able to roll out to his left, turn his body, set his feet and make a perfect throw across his body AND the field for the TD into coverage. Not to mention he was getting hit as he threw it. This is the crap that makes me furious and the fact that you can do this garbage in this game is unacceptable. Awful, ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!
U seriously need to upgrade to the nex gen systems as this is not an issue from what I have experienced online on PS4. The people who play this way dont get too far and quit right at halftime or later. Game no longer (for now) caters to that arcade gameplay mess in your video and defense is actually playable too and players do 85% or more of what they're assigned to do!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
U seriously need to upgrade to the nex gen systems as this is not an issue from what I have experienced online on PS4. The people who play this way dont get too far and quit right at halftime or later. Game no longer (for now) caters to that arcade gameplay mess in your video and defense is actually playable too and players do 85% or more of what they're assigned to do!
Yep - I did upgrade to my xbox one version and it is 1000x better game. I've played 5 online ranked games and it's been very enjoyable. I'm 3-2, but I don't feel cheated or anything like I would in CG. If they really work hard at it, they could potentially drop a gem in next year's version of the game.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #44
Banned

warped71's Arena

so I repost on EA's forum about asking them to turn injuries back on. this time I took your guy's advice and was very cordial. but somehow it didn;t matter because they banned me again! wtf is up with that? they delete and ban anything that shows how they are handling this is absurd!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #45
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by warped71
so I repost on EA's forum about asking them to turn injuries back on. this time I took your guy's advice and was very cordial. but somehow it didn;t matter because they banned me again! wtf is up with that? they delete and ban anything that shows how they are handling this is absurd!
I just did the same thing. Hope I don't banned!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9832591.page
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #46
Banned

He explains the defense in his first post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #47
Banned

I wanna see the defense for this...
Old 12-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #48
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

You wont believe this....

I wanted to reply to the OP yesterday to say that in all of my games on Madden I had never seen this happen.

Last night in my CCM Super Bowl the other owner was running for his life with Aaron Rodgers. On 3rd down I chased his to the left sideline and right before he ran out of bounds Rodgers did a spinning lob off one foot all the way to the other side of the field to Jordy Nelson for 30+ yards in the air.

It was a major play in the game and I immediately thought of this thread. I don't agree that Madden is terrible but I do believe that you should have to be facing the right way before you can complete an across the field off balance pass. I can't believe it happened in such a big moment on the same day that I read this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »