Home

Is Madden25 worth $60 for an offline franchise Gamer?

This is a discussion on Is Madden25 worth $60 for an offline franchise Gamer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Is Madden25 worth $60 for an offline franchise Gamer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Bolded part for emphasis. Completely kills so many aspects of the game. All of the other stuff is bad enough but when playing on the hardest difficulty a game can offer with the run block slider low as you can get it. My mid 70s RBK Olineman push ANY defenders back a ridiculous amount. Unless the CPU blitzes and catches me in the backfield, I consistently run the ball with absolultey no threat of it being shut down. And theres nothing I can change setting wise (without screwing everything else that is finally kind of ok) to fix it. I would have to literally not run the ball.. So I just chose to stop playing.
I hear ya. This is THE biggest issue. The game play would be much more balanced if they get this right. Running the ball should be hard to do, even with top tier backs and good O lines.

I have also stopped playing for the most part, outside of firing up a test CFM for a quarter or two to tinker with ideas. Maybe we could start playing again if we made a rule that we had to rush with our eyes closed?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not worth $60 but it's not selling for 60 right now. I paid 45 and got it at release, probably selling for 25-30 on ebay

I have an offline franchise and really enjoy it. With a good set of sliders the game plays really well. I don't know what is broken about auto subs either. My players seem to sub in and out fine when tired

With regards to CPU XP no they do not practice or gain XP for their players. Yes this sucks but it doesn't make offline franchise broken. I limit myself to 6 total practices each year (2 preseason, 4 regular season) and it allows me to level up my players but not have some overwhelming advantage over the CPU.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I hear ya. This is THE biggest issue. The game play would be much more balanced if they get this right. Running the ball should be hard to do, even with top tier backs and good O lines.

I have also stopped playing for the most part, outside of firing up a test CFM for a quarter or two to tinker with ideas. Maybe we could start playing again if we made a rule that we had to rush with our eyes closed?

What's even worse is that running is the most fun part of the game. I love the feel of running, I love returning punts/kicks now. The foot planting and avoidance animations are pretty nice. I have done some really nice realistic runs taking cut back lanes and putting moves on defenders.

Problem is Justin Forsett is plowing over everyone like Marshawn Lynch. Out of habit I have always run in madden by holding up on the truck stick then covering the ball when contact comes. Now that means I fall forward most of the time always end up with pretty good yardage. The size/weight/strength of the defenders means nothing. So even when they do play good defense, I fall forward for 3+ extra yards more often than not.

Doesn't seem like it would be hard to tweak on EAs end but the ratings/physics that this game is built upon are all out of wack and thats the real underlying issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25

IMHO madden isn't worth $19.99 used
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't have the game. I will give you an answer in eleven days when I get my hands on a ps4 and Madden 25 next gen. I have a feeling with the Madden team touting the increased calculations per second gameplay will be different with the ps4.

I will answer one thing though. From what I've read I suspect cpu progression does not include practice for a reason. You would have 1,000 90+ star players in a few years if the cpu got mega points for practice.

If anything they should include an on/off switch for practice both human and cpu. I would leave it off and let game experience determine xp.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm an offline, coach-mode only gamer and I enjoy the game.

I also play NCAA concurrently, but I don't import draft classes, because I want to experience the storylines.

There were/are a number of faults with the game, and I initially couldn't get past the inability to change schemes in owner mode.

Also, some of the individual player card stats, as mentioned before, are tracked poorly.

All in all though, it's a fun game if you can get it on the cheap. Like $30 or something.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Hey guys...so what changes to Madden 25's offline franchise (CFM) did they make this year that you find impressive?

I know that last year, they added the Twitter feed, and it talked about college players, FA's, etc. It got reptitive, but I liked it overall. Did they add on to that feature? Is anything different in scouting? Is anything different with free agents, or assistant coaches? Is the CPU logic for handling rosters or trades or signings better/worse?

Just curious if anything at all is different? Overall, I found CPM pretty solid last year. Of course, I'd like a better, interactive draft day and more immersion like a real scouting combine/pro day, but overall, it was solid.

Is it better this year or more improved in any aspects?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Buy it used if you want it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »