Home

Turnovers Ruining Games

This is a discussion on Turnovers Ruining Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Turnovers Ruining Games

I have used quite a few sliders from here and, of course, always get to a point where I just figure them out. I have had close games in 2 of my past 3 games now, which is refreshing...

But I hate it when excessive turnovers turn a close game into a blowout.
Last game, the Texans had me on the ropes in the 4th quarter. They had been running the ball well all game, with Foster burning me for 175 through 3 quarters and Tyrod Taylor getting 70 on scramble plays. It comes down to them forcing a punt with 3 minutes to go, up 34-31 with 3 minutes to go.
1st play: picked off by Joe Haden, his 2nd pick and Tyrod's 4th. I run for a quick score
Still over 2 to go: 41-31. They get a first down. Then a TD.... by Joe Haden.
48-31. Under 1:30 to play, game practically over... INT by Tyrann Mathieu, his 2nd. I kneel to clinch the game...

Joe Haden finished with 3 INTs, Mathieu had 2, and 2nd year man Bradley Roby had 1.

Tyrod Taylor: 13-26 118 yards 3TD 6INT.
Arian Foster finished with 185 yards on 27 carries. He didn't get the ball at all on any of the INT drives...

It was one of the best, most realistic games I had played until then...
My press CBs had held their WRs (no AJ for them, guess he split), while the TDs came on PAs and LB on WR matchups... The turnover flurry ruined this moment for me (2 of the last 3 were CPU picks, happened so fast too).

The problem is that this happens to most of my close games... It's not that I necessarily play great defense in crunch time, but the CPU just collapses in on itself in the 4th quarter. My blowout games have all been within 2 scores going into the 4th quarter...

Other than that, games have been fine, but it's starting to get frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Turnovers Ruining Games

Lower human int to 5 or less. Don't worry, you will still get picks. They will just be more realistic in numbers.

No user ints, AI only.

No ball hawk.

Should be mo betta.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 11-04-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah. That might work, but why is it so ridiculous in the first place..

Just played the Chargers (1-3). They gave me a great game, leaving tied at 17 going into the fourth.
I ended up rattling off 24 straight befor they finally got a FG, winning 41-20. I sacked Phillip Rivers 3 times and picked him off twice in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter alone.

It's not like I'm ball hawking to get these... The INTs are usually instant: like a CB or LB being in the right place on a slant route or the AI actually jumping a route. I usually user DBs on long bombs, but that's not what is happening.

I'll lower it though, to see if that helps. I'll try putting it back at the 22 it was with Charter04's and work from there.

Aside from turnovers, I'm having some actual games with post-patch default all-Madden with a few tweaks.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7

Just played the Chargers (1-3). They gave me a great game, leaving tied at 17 going into the fourth.
I ended up rattling off 24 straight befor they finally got a FG, winning 41-20. I sacked Phillip Rivers 3 times and picked him off twice in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter alone.

It's not like I'm ball hawking to get these... The INTs are usually instant: like a CB or LB being in the right place on a slant route or the AI actually jumping a route. I usually user DBs on long bombs, but that's not what is happening.

I'll lower it though, to see if that helps. I'll try putting it back at the 22 it was with Charter04's and work from there.

Aside from turnovers, I'm having some actual games with post-patch default all-Madden with a few tweaks.
I've learned through the years that if you are usering on defense then you don't allow the player AI to take effect. Stop controlling the DBs and LBs. Try it out and see if you have the problem. I bet you won't.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7

Two letters......E and A.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »