Home

NEXT GEN MADDEN HAS YET TO SHOW WIDE RECEIVER CORNER BACK ALTERCATIONS.

This is a discussion on NEXT GEN MADDEN HAS YET TO SHOW WIDE RECEIVER CORNER BACK ALTERCATIONS. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NEXT GEN MADDEN HAS YET TO SHOW WIDE RECEIVER CORNER BACK ALTERCATIONS.

So ive been playing CG madden 25 all this time waiting for NG to drop on the 12th but im kinda worried because from the videos i have seen i have yet to see wide receivers running routes and corners covering them or redirecting their routes. Everything they have shown has just been zoomed in running or blocking "war in the trenches" football has other aspects such as ball placement and trajectory oh and lets not forget defense because there is no defense on CG im excited about next gen but at the same time there is no videos out of any sports game worthy of making me say "I GOT TO HAVE THAT GAME"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Pro

Re: NEXT GEN MADDEN HAS YET TO SHOW WIDE RECEIVER CORNER BACK ALTERCATIONS.

Cause they likely won't be different from current gen.

Square peg in the square hole bud.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Q: Any improvements made to WR/DB interactions?

Rex: That can mean a lot of things. You have to think about all the different components of the feature, are you talking about press and release, behavior at the line or jam, are you talking about route running, hand fighting on the routes, or the interactions at the catch point? There's a lot of different factors of that feature. The one thing that will really jump out at you is with player sense and human intelligence at the DB position. You'll especially see this in zone coverage, the way defenders will react once the ball is thrown and break on the ball is really a lot more realistic. I think most people who played Madden 25 gen 3 felt zone was a little soft this year, but that is definitely not the case on gen 4. Zone defenders are brutally effective and will take much better paths to the ball, so their ability to break on the ball and target to their correct position to make a play on the ball or the receiver is vastly improved over what you've seen on gen 3.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs

Rex: That can mean a lot of things. You have to think about all the different components of the feature, are you talking about press and release, behavior at the line or jam, are you talking about route running, hand fighting on the routes, or the interactions at the catch point? There's a lot of different factors of that feature. The one thing that will really jump out at you is with player sense and human intelligence at the DB position. You'll especially see this in zone coverage, the way defenders will react once the ball is thrown and break on the ball is really a lot more realistic. I think most people who played Madden 25 gen 3 felt zone was a little soft this year, but that is definitely not the case on gen 4. Zone defenders are brutally effective and will take much better paths to the ball, so their ability to break on the ball and target to their correct position to make a play on the ball or the receiver is vastly improved over what you've seen on gen 3.
So they added nothing besides "better" zone play. Hopefully they run the gaunlant on WR/DB interaction at some point this gen.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs

They still didnt show it in any video so how can i believe something he says? For instance "Living worlds" where is the insight on that like they did for FIFA? They not even promoting the game anymore. I have CG madden and i hope defense is back some if not all the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

That's because their aren't any.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

WR/DB interaction has not been touched or it would have been one of their key features highlighted. Zone defense should be "better" with player sense. But as far as interactions go nada. Hopefully this and ball physics are their primary focus for next year along with true step for every player and height/weight/momentum
Old 11-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

So I have to wonder if this is going to be a 460-560 dollar graphical upgrade. I really hope not but then again...this is EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »