Home

Managing Player Salaries - CCFM

This is a discussion on Managing Player Salaries - CCFM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
Banned

warped71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Managing Player Salaries - CCFM

I'd rather give a player I'm trying to re-sign a higher salary and lower bonus.
If u give a $4 mil bonus with a $1 mil avg annual salary, you will be forking out at least $4 mil a year just to that player. But instead if you give him an avg salary of $4 mil and a signing bonus of $1 mil then the first couple years of the contract will have a total cap hit of under $4 mil leaving you extra wiggle room if needed.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postaboi707
eXCELLENT POST..gONNA START NEW ccM AND TRY THIS OUT!

tHANKS
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbn
Hmm, the week 3-6 contract demand window didn't change at all for any of the players. Not sure why it works for you, but I checked every week from 1-6, and their demands stayed the same every time.
This is interesting. I'm gonna pay more attention the next time this comes up. Maybe I've missed a detail but I'm not sure why this hasn't worked for you.

Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warped71
If u give a $4 mil bonus with a $1 mil avg annual salary, you will be forking out at least $4 mil a year just to that player. But instead if you give him an avg salary of $4 mil and a signing bonus of $1 mil then the first couple years of the contract will have a total cap hit of under $4 mil leaving you extra wiggle room if needed.
Two points:
1) I said you should only give big bonuses to lower the overall amount if you know you are keep a player (top QB, eliteass rushers etc).
2) Back-loading contracts is how you get into trouble. It's how teams in real life get into trouble. The salary cap never forgives, and it never forgets. I like bigger bonuses (for superb players) because it stabilises the contract and gives you a clearer understanding of how much you are paying out each year.

In older versions of Madden, you could chose to front-load, back-load or balance a contract. I miss that option.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #11
Rookie

So the bonus is divided across the years of the contract or is it multiplied. Say 4m bonus across 5yrs: is that a 20m bonus total or is it just four million?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Banned

warped71's Arena

the contract would have a total bonus of $20 mil
Old 11-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warped71
Good when your up against the CAP, but should be reversed when you have cap room.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Pro

Madden never gave an option to front load or back load contracts, did it? I think was NFL 2k.

In regards to bonuses, they are spread evenly over the life of the contract. So a $10 million bonus for a 5 year contract is $2 million per year. The one problem with giving large bonuses is that if you decide to cut or trade that player, the bonus is what creates the cap penalty. So, the larger the bonus, the larger the cap penalty. So if you have a player who you think you might trade or cut, you should put more money in the salary and less in the signing bonus.

I think player's demands are mostly based on their previous contract and their overall rating in your scheme and not based on performance which would actually make more sense. For instance, Greg Hardy, my LE, leads the league with 22 sacks, but he only wants like a $29 million contract for 5 years. There are defensive ends in the league making over $90 million and this guy who broke the sack record only wants $29 million? It has to be based on his rating and previous contract because he should be demanding WAY more money. On another note, what happened to restricted free agents? I hear that it's no longer on the game. I haven't completed my season yet, so I don't know. Is this true? If so, it really sucks because then you have to let great players go and get nothing in return.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
Rookie

I look at whose contracts are coming up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
Madden never gave an option to front load or back load contracts, did it? I think was NFL 2k.
M10 or M11 did, I always picked front loaded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »