Home

Torren Newkirk aka Hroniss Ajayi Draft Guide?

This is a discussion on Torren Newkirk aka Hroniss Ajayi Draft Guide? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #17
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Torren Newkirk aka Hroniss Ajayi Draft Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaMV7
I was able to draft a LT also in the draft who has 98 STR and Star development. Name is Matusik.
Cory Matusik? I faced him twice this season and Von Miller couldnt get a sack facing him. He's a great pass blocker.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #18
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Booker has 92 SPD but only 85 AGI and ACC. I don't think those are very good stats for a WR.

If speed, agility, and acceleration are the only things you look at then yeah he probably isn't the WR for you. I on the other hand care about stats that matter for a Possession WR like release, catch, cit, spc, etc. Speed only Matters of he has none of that. Then he's a kick returner.

Last edited by Ampking101; 02-15-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
If speed, agility, and acceleration are the only things you look at then yeah he probably isn't the WR for you. I on the other hand actually care about stats that matter at WR like release, catch, cit, spc, etc. Speed only Matters of he has none of that. Then he's a kick returner.
Well in comparison to other rookie WRs I've drafted such as Cedric Dupree and Rajaan Seymour, Booker doesn't compare. Both these guys have 90+ SPD and over 90s in AGI and ACC. Those are the stats that cost a lot to upgrade. That's why it's better to draft guys that start with high numbers in those areas then upgrade catching, release, and route running. Much easier than the other way around. I would have looked to draft Booker as a FB which is why I was so upset.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Well in comparison to other rookie WRs I've drafted such as Cedric Dupree and Rajaan Seymour, Booker doesn't compare. Both these guys have 90+ SPD and over 90s in AGI and ACC. Those are the stats that cost a lot to upgrade. That's why it's better to draft guys that start with high numbers in those areas then upgrade catching, release, and route running. Much easier than the other way around. I would have looked to draft Booker as a FB which is why I was so upset.

I don't disagree that those are nice stats to get but when I drafted him I had Josh Gordan, Stephen Hill, and Travis Benjamin. Stephen Hill wanted too much to resign so I drafted Qualen Booker traded Stephen Hill and then next offseason traded Josh Gordan so I could draft Cleveland Carter (Cleveland in Cleveland I know bad pun). And Cleveland ended up being my #2 because of how well Booker ended up being in my system.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHB52
Cory Matusik? I faced him twice this season and Von Miller couldnt get a sack facing him. He's a great pass blocker.
Yes that's him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I don't disagree that those are nice stats to get but when I drafted him I had Josh Gordan, Stephen Hill, and Travis Benjamin. Stephen Hill wanted too much to resign so I drafted Qualen Booker traded Stephen Hill and then next offseason traded Josh Gordan so I could draft Cleveland Carter (Cleveland in Cleveland I know bad pun). And Cleveland ended up being my #2 because of how well Booker ended up being in my system.
Yeah I got ya. I'm sure Booker is decent but I had no need for him as a WR for my team. What really sucks is that Texas is my favorite college team and he went there so I really wanted to draft him. If he had been a TE or FB I would have. In terms of Run Blocking, I upgrade that for all my WRs and Dupree and Seymour that I have on my team currently both are above 75.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
Rookie

First Draft: Torren Newkirk

LE Matt Raby: This guy is still my best selection in all of Madden. He has 90 spd/94 acc AND was available for me in the 3rd rd. If you run a 4-3 then he is a must have. Ended year 1 ranked in the mid 90s, year two he broke the sack record and was a 99. As soon as he gets around the RT it is over, guaranteed sack.
MLB Griffin Mlakar: Drafted him to be a cover 2 type mlb and he has been exceptional. 90spd/92acc lets him cover WR and speed back with no problem. He has some trouble getting off of blocks but only against elite players. Pure stud.
Solid players: TE Boateng, CB King, LT Lueders, C Caphopa,
Bust: CB Calvin he has an 80acc rating which makes him terrible, even in zone.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-guide-62.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »