Home

Do coaches ratings affect team performance in dynasty mode??

This is a discussion on Do coaches ratings affect team performance in dynasty mode?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

derrickmcc's Arena

OVR: 1
Do coaches ratings affect team performance in dynasty mode??

Has anyone made a coaching change in between seasons of a franchise and seen your teams performance drop off, even though most of the team stays intact and improves in individual ratings? I am using the Chargers. In season one, I made it to the divisional round of the playoffs. L Tomlinson was the MVP, had 28 TDs, had nearly 2000 yards rushing, over 900 after 7 games. D. Boston had only 2 drops and my lineman only gave up maybe 12 sacks in the 1st half of the season. Honestly, I was surprised my very mediocre offensive line held up so well. In the offseason, I fired the entire coaching staff, including Schottenheimer. I will admit, I brought in coaches whose ratings were not as high as Schottenheimer, but their ratings were better than the fired coordinators. Now, in season two, I am struggling bad at 3 - 4. I am leading the league in getting sacked. I am 29th in the league rushing, LT has less than 500 yards in 7 games. My receivers drop 7 - 8 passes a game. And most of all, my offensive line is like swiss cheese, even though they all supposedly improved during the off season. However, my defense is a little more consistent and I'm getting more sacks with the hiring of Mike Singletary as defensive coordinator. I know I need to upgrade my O-line and maybe, I just need to play better. Obviously, the Chargers aren't the best team in the world, but has anyone else experienced such a performance change, positive or negative, after making coaching changes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do coaches ratings affect team performance in dynasty mode??

I made a change in my DCO and it made a huge difference.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

i fired Dave Mcginnis after 3 8-8, 9-7, 8-8 seasons, i hired Dallas Coach(bill parcells) and i went 13-3 next year without making any key additions.. now im 10-2 the next year, with my D ranked 3 overall.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
Rookie

derrickmcc's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for the responses!! Looks like I need to look for a few new coaches after the season. This time, I'll choose them wisely!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:13 PM   #5
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

derrickmcc said:
Thanks for the responses!! Looks like I need to look for a few new coaches after the season. This time, I'll choose them wisely!

Its sounds like your a Dan Sydner type firing coaches every year!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »