Home

Help!!! I think I screwed up

This is a discussion on Help!!! I think I screwed up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help!!! I think I screwed up

I just finished season one of my Owners Mode controlling 16 teams. After playing in the Super Bowl and playoffs I notice the CPU teams were firing coaches before the offseason. I did not know you could do this. Now I want to fire a few coaches in the offseason but now I'm wondering did I miss the opportunity to fire coaches this offseason. Now I'm in the offseason at the stage of resigning players. Mu notice that u don't have a coach for the Jets because Rex contract expired. Will I be able to go into a stage in the offseason to fire and hire coaches since I did not do it after week 17? Please help me out on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help!!! I think I screwed up

Anyone? 10 C's
Old 11-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Once your season is over, there should be a "re-sign staff" option. You can re-sign or fire coaches there. If you fire a staff member, in the following weeks, you'll be able to give contract offers to unsigned staff members.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aszrayel
Once your season is over, there should be a "re-sign staff" option. You can re-sign or fire coaches there. If you fire a staff member, in the following weeks, you'll be able to give contract offers to unsigned staff members.
I didn't see it. I'm in stage two of the offseason. I saved it after stage one.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Rookie

It depends on when a team's season is over. If a team doesn't make the playoffs, it would show up in week 17, after their game is played. If a team makes the playoffs and gets knocked out in the first round, the option would show up then; so on and so forth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aszrayel
It depends on when a team's season is over. If a team doesn't make the playoffs, it would show up in week 17, after their game is played. If a team makes the playoffs and gets knocked out in the first round, the option would show up then; so on and so forth.
Thanks. Which means I have to watch my action menu after week 17 and fire coaches. The Bears went 2-14 and I should have fired Trestman but I was trying to fire him thinking I could do it in the offseason. Lesson learned, on to year 2 after my 1st season of association mode in NBA 2k14.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

If you keep advancing week the option to hire staff should come up again at some point they're not going to let a user controlled team go into the season with no coach

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »