Home

Old 12-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden CCM Editing (CG Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
Good question. I'm not sure obviously, but would like to know. I think I have an extra 16GB USB thumb drive somewhere around here. If not I have 2 external USB/SATA drives I could wipe and use.

If we could make edits and export a single edited file of some sort, this could be absolutely huge. I know the PC mod community is very popular with a lot of gamers. I can only imagine a single distribute-able modded file for Madden that could make engine changes and/or mass team/player/stadium changes, it could be a game changer. I downloaded a mod last year that essentially turned my NBA 2k12 game into NBA2k13, complete with Pelicans jerseys and Brooklyn nets, etc. But that is on PC. If we could do something similar with Madden and NCAA... endless possibilities. Especially considering NCAA is now cancelled indefinitely...
It's a little over 8gb.

NFL: TBD (**** the Chargers!!!)
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 12-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It's a little over 8gb.
Thats small enough. Can you say if there is any file system, or is everything accessed like an encrypted iso file, where the data can be viewed or edited but no actual file name/folder structure? Basically are there any files that look similar to PC files?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Thats small enough. Can you say if there is any file system, or is everything accessed like an encrypted iso file, where the data can be viewed or edited but no actual file name/folder structure? Basically are there any files that look similar to PC files?
I'm doing this off memory so bare with me. There is a data structure. It's not one giant 8gb ISO. There are about 30 or so separate files (dat I believe). So if what I think you are asking is can you edit say dat file 1 (that concerns draft classes) and eventually share that file so everyone can use it I think this may be possible. Just a guess however. Didn't get very far into it and then I sold everything (got an Xbox 1). Personally I couldn't even figure out how to edit the files. I was able to open the files but only hex format which was unreadable to me. Khaliib is the man with this stuff though so he should be able to help.

NFL: TBD (**** the Chargers!!!)
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 12-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
Pro

trey31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I'm doing this off memory so bare with me. There is a data structure. It's not one giant 8gb ISO. There are about 30 or so separate files (dat I believe). So if what I think you are asking is can you edit say dat file 1 (that concerns draft classes) and eventually share that file so everyone can use it I think this may be possible. Just a guess however. Didn't get very far into it and then I sold everything (got an Xbox 1). Personally I couldn't even figure out how to edit the files. I was able to open the files but only hex format which was unreadable to me. Khaliib is the man with this stuff though so he should be able to help.
Thanks for the info!

Ok so in my experience of using/installing PC Game mods for various games, dating all the way back to Doom on Pentium Pro desktops, if a .dat file can be edited without corrupting any files or installation stability on the original installed machine, it can be distributed. It is possible the file would require being edited on a clean install, as well as being distributed and installed on another machine's clean install. But even so, on a clean install of any program, all files are identical (except registry files, but that doesn't apply here).

So the long and short of this is, if the files can be edited and saved, then confirmed to work on a clean installation, then they too can be distributed.

Basically, any recent Madden game on 360 (unsure about X1 or PS4. They most likely they would require a different method of reading and editing the files) should be fully Mod capable...
Old 12-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #21
Pro

trey31's Arena

If I'm not mistaken, this is showing probabilities of yards on a given play, likelihood of running into a Lineman or LB, as well as chance for a pancake, chance of a fumble returner breaking a tackle, maximum yards gained on breaking tackle on a f/i (fumble/interception) return, maximum total yards that can be lost for stopped behind LOS... So that pretty much confirms Madden 25 still has animations that are triggered before a play begins. Even though the locomotion physics engine was supposed to be organic and based on physics interaction between players?

This does confirm that certain animations for a pre-determined outcome on any given play still exist, correct? I'm not the only paranoid one dissecting this, am I???

Also notice the arrows I made on the right... Just this one data table has TONS more stuff like this...
Attached Images
File Type: png StatGen.png (92.9 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by trey31; 12-21-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
So that pretty much confirms Madden 25 still has animations that are triggered before a play begins. Even though the locomotion physics engine was supposed to be organic and based on physics interaction between players?
No, you're looking at Supersim, not gameplay.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #23
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

35% chance to break a tackle on running play, yeah that's realistic Madden...

Sick find. Gonna have to get myself edjumacated on how to start working on this after the holidays.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENOUS
35% chance to break a tackle on running play, yeah that's realistic Madden...
That's not really how it works. it would only be 35% if the back had a 100 break tackle rating and the defender had a 0 tackle rating.

Last edited by DropkickCleary; 12-24-2013 at 01:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »