Home

Why, Why, Why...

This is a discussion on Why, Why, Why... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #33
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why, Why, Why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Eats a Cracker
I am 100% convinced they deliberately modeled this guy after Aaron "Photobomber" Rodgers.
And they modeled the black guy after Leslie frazier

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2014, 01:40 AM   #34
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

my favorite is when i score a td and then i look on the opposite end of the field and there are both teams while my player is celebrating on the opposite end

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #35
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

First time I have scene this particular cut scene: A celebrating running back after a touchdown but he's the only person in the stadium. The sidelines are gone, the stands are empty! Seriously, why would this cut scene make a final build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
First time I have scene this particular cut scene: A celebrating running back after a touchdown but he's the only person in the stadium. The sidelines are gone, the stands are empty! Seriously, why would this cut scene make a final build?
Just sounds like a glitch where the assets failed to load.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #37
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
We have to hit them in the wallet and not buy the game. Then, they'll be forced to improve it.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
i only bought this version because it came with the "free" sunday ticket app etc.
Also yep. $100 for Sunday Ticket, yes please. Could even have sold the game on craigslist for $40 or something probably and made my Sunday Ticket just $60, but I was too lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm still playing '12 and from all I've heard I may as well play that version than get used to new aggravations.That being said,I'm really tempted to break out the nearly ten year old game that isn't made by EA.
I'm still playing '12 also and I know several other people are as well. I think it's our best bet at this point since it has so much (more) editability compared to '13 and 25. There are some good strides being made with editing player ratings and stuff, but I think with a lot more community work and people buying into the concept it could be made close to perfect. Would be totally happy to friend anyone who's still playing '12 so we can collaborate.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:55 AM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSNC
Lol that and another is when a TE gets injured on a TD catch and he's squirming on the ground, than the cutscene rolls and he's dunking the ball than it's over and he's on the ground again lmao. Always gets me
I also had the "TD - Injury - Up Celebrating - Back Down Injured" scene sequence the other day. Total immersion killer. It is something I would expect from a publisher's first attempt at a football game. But not from a company that has been doing this for over 2 decades.

And after 25 years, the audio is thoroughly disappointing and un-immersive. A momentum changing INT for the home team in a playoff game is met with gentle applause. And Simms, like Collinsworth before him is programmed to analyze on field events, but the technology just doesn't seem to be there for EA as Simms Constantly makes ridiculous and inaccurate comments. And like Gus Johnson, Jim Nance never seems to know what moments actually warrant an excited response.

I wouldn't mind Phil Simm's constantly negativity if he was anything like that in real life.

At the end of the day, I don't think EA cares much about the audio or immersion for the offline gamer. When they design the game, I think they are focused on the Madden Nation crowd who is button mashing through cut scenes and too busy smack talking to hear the actual game sounds & audio.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #39
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
must this 25th edition be riddled with such head scratchers?

What's with the cut scene that has nothing to do with what is going on in the game, like when the coach is seen rallying two players to get ready when funny enough one of the players is usually already on the field and the other player is a defensive player who puts his helmet on where it is barely sitting on the top of his head. The dude looks like he got caught jacking around and is trying to look all innocent. I'm surprised the NFLPA doesn't raise a stink with the way certain penalties draw a physical attack by the coach. Harsh!

Could someone answer me why the coaches have no headsets this year?

Why one scene shows a coach with this billboard-size playsheet but the very next scene he is standing there without it, with no headset. Why?

Why are there no penalties? Show me one NFL game that has not one penalty called during a game. Has there been an explanation why there are no penalties in the game?

Why is there absolutely no way to check a drive summary?

Why must Madden overwork their poor trainer? The dude with the trainer belt with rolls of tape on it is the same dude that is the coordinator that is getting very important instructions from the head coach in one cut scenes, is the waterboy, and is given the responsibility of giving interviews with players after the game. It's cool though that his twin brother is also one of the referees (that never calls a penalty).

I had a summer job back in my college days with this construction company. The unofficial slogan of this company was "F it, good enough". Seems another company has the same slogan.
The saddest part about all of this is Ea want do anything about it.

Mega
Football is in the building.

Last edited by reddogmaddogbul; 01-18-2014 at 10:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »