Home

Why, Why, Why...

This is a discussion on Why, Why, Why... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
Why, Why, Why...

must this 25th edition be riddled with such head scratchers?

What's with the cut scene that has nothing to do with what is going on in the game, like when the coach is seen rallying two players to get ready when funny enough one of the players is usually already on the field and the other player is a defensive player who puts his helmet on where it is barely sitting on the top of his head. The dude looks like he got caught jacking around and is trying to look all innocent. I'm surprised the NFLPA doesn't raise a stink with the way certain penalties draw a physical attack by the coach. Harsh!

Could someone answer me why the coaches have no headsets this year?

Why one scene shows a coach with this billboard-size playsheet but the very next scene he is standing there without it, with no headset. Why?

Why are there no penalties? Show me one NFL game that has not one penalty called during a game. Has there been an explanation why there are no penalties in the game?

Why is there absolutely no way to check a drive summary?

Why must Madden overwork their poor trainer? The dude with the trainer belt with rolls of tape on it is the same dude that is the coordinator that is getting very important instructions from the head coach in one cut scenes, is the waterboy, and is given the responsibility of giving interviews with players after the game. It's cool though that his twin brother is also one of the referees (that never calls a penalty).

I had a summer job back in my college days with this construction company. The unofficial slogan of this company was "F it, good enough". Seems another company has the same slogan.

Last edited by tanchl; 12-22-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why, Why, Why...

Welcome to the world of madden, my friend!

The list of problems/inaccuracies is endless, hopefully they will fix some of them for next year. Or another company starts an nfl game. Us gamers deserve better!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

My favorite is when somebody gets injured, returns to the game, and then they show a cut scene of him walking in the tunnel
Old 12-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

My personal favorite is the Play of the game and they show the coach patting one of his guys on the head! I love that one.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

It's been pretty bad for a while. The user interface is probably the worst thing ever. This is more like menu simulator 25
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
Just started!

The user interface is probably the worst thing ever.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

When someone posts a thread like this, this far along after a release, it really makes me wonder how many hours of play they put into it.

I never pay attention to cut scenes, so I can't say whether or not I've experienced what the OP has, but really who cares that much about cut scenes? They have 0 effect on the game, unless you are making it more than it is.

Penalties, meh, I can't remember a game I've played since release date that didn't have one penalty in it, maybe it's just because people play differently.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
When someone posts a thread like this, this far along after a release, it really makes me wonder how many hours of play they put into it.

I never pay attention to cut scenes, so I can't say whether or not I've experienced what the OP has, but really who cares that much about cut scenes? They have 0 effect on the game, unless you are making it more than it is.

Penalties, meh, I can't remember a game I've played since release date that didn't have one penalty in it, maybe it's just because people play differently.
I've played the game as much as a busy adult can I guess. Glad you have it figured out.

Last edited by tanchl; 12-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »