Home

How do you guys deal with sim stats?

This is a discussion on How do you guys deal with sim stats? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys deal with sim stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
If you do a whole season that way I would be interested in what your stats look like. I'll try and do it with my CFM to compare.

That's what I will eventually do as well. Sacks and pick sixes are a little high within it, but they were in regular sims too. Thought I would hate having to SuperSim every game but I'm actually enjoying it so far... Makes it easier to stay on top of what's going on around the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
M25 and sliders have zero impact on sim stats. I've tested it multiple ways.
you're right to a certain degree. i think the bigger problem is the DEV of QB. too many don't get three years to develop before the CPU team drafts a new one and replaces them. now, there is an element of realism in it. but when you take a QB in the top five, he puts up two years of an 80s passer rating and then his CPU team draft another top QB, it doesn't help. it causes a lot of 70s OVR rated QBs.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
you're right to a certain degree. i think the bigger problem is the DEV of QB. too many don't get three years to develop before the CPU team drafts a new one and replaces them. now, there is an element of realism in it. but when you take a QB in the top five, he puts up two years of an 80s passer rating and then his CPU team draft another top QB, it doesn't help. it causes a lot of 70s OVR rated QBs.
Yeah this is a huge problem. Even if they are the starter the generated qb's rarely get over 10k XP in a season.

I would have to double check but I don't even think there is a generated qb over 90 in my CFM. I think the XP system is the root problem for many things as you get deeper into CFM mode. I actually like the idea of XP but unless they sim the CPU practicing next year it's still going to be a problem. I don't even practice but I seem to get more XP than the CPU every year. Especially, my o-line. They always have 25k+.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #28
Pro

I changed every team's playbook to a generic one (including defense). This seemed to improve passing stats somewhat (10 qb's 4,000k yds) but some of the generated qb's are just so bad. I plan on completing every team's practice for the preseason to get more XP and hopefully boost the pass stats. We'll see.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Yeah this is a huge problem. Even if they are the starter the generated qb's rarely get over 10k XP in a season.

I would have to double check but I don't even think there is a generated qb over 90 in my CFM. I think the XP system is the root problem for many things as you get deeper into CFM mode. I actually like the idea of XP but unless they sim the CPU practicing next year it's still going to be a problem. I don't even practice but I seem to get more XP than the CPU every year. Especially, my o-line. They always have 25k+.
very much agree about the XP. the CPU doesn't get enough & doesn't use them well enough.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
very much agree about the XP. the CPU doesn't get enough & doesn't use them well enough.
Unless they give the CPU practice XP next year they just need to scrape the whole system and go back to auto progression. And this is coming from someone who prefers the XP concept.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #31
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe since regular sim stats are so bad, CPU players don't get enough XP which contributes to the progression problem. Maybe if you SuperSim CPU games you'll get better stats, thus they'll get better XP, thus they will progress more realistically?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Unless they give the CPU practice XP next year they just need to scrape the whole system and go back to auto progression. And this is coming from someone who prefers the XP concept.
i like it too but you're right, there is a significant flaw to it right now. surely a simple fix would be up the XP that CPU teams earn by 0.5 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Maybe since regular sim stats are so bad, CPU players don't get enough XP which contributes to the progression problem. Maybe if you SuperSim CPU games you'll get better stats, thus they'll get better XP, thus they will progress more realistically?
could well do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »