Home

Offseason woes

This is a discussion on Offseason woes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offseason woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Guys - Is there a way to go through the off season with no changes. I don't want to deal with all of the GM/roster issues but I would like to keep playing football with my same team and a different schedule.

Thanks.
The only way I can think of where you can do that and not deal with all the offseason stuff if to play CFM as player, but problem there is you don't have full control of anything. Yes you don't have to do any offseason acquisitions, but you don't have any control over who stays, who goes, you don't have any control of play-calling, or playing the offense or defense, just that player. You could set up a coach or owner and have all the offseason stuff delegated to the CPU, but again, like roll2tide said, you'll have guys retire, leave for bigger contracts, so on so forth.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
Rookie

I don't agree with the guy saying the real life players don't have the stats. The way the draft classes are there are pretty much no players with all good speed agility and acceleration at least if you are looking for top tier speed guys. They might be 99 speed and 99 accel but then their agility is terrible. At least in offensive skill positions and defensive secondary players.

The easiest way to manage a team is to have high player turnover. Pay your QB a ton of money, pay a few other positions you think are important and sign players to low signing bonus contracts. When guy is on last year of deal, flip them for draft picks. Otherwise you get stuck with all these guys getting paid a bunch and to get rid of them you have to eat huge penalties. There is a good niche for old players because they want short term contracts that give you flexibility. They aren't going to have a long term place on the team which means they aren't going to eat up your cap space.

Another thing is to look for are low rated players whose bad attributes are cheap are good value. Getting a guy on a six year deal for 1M that becomes a beast is a good way to stay competitive.

I always consider turning off the cap when it gets tough but then all I'm gonna do is have an allstar squad and have all the best players...
Old 01-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #11
Rookie

How do you know which of your players retired after the season? I couldn't find a list anywhere and on "My Stories" on the news feed it only mentioned London Fletcher retiring but I'm pretty sure Santana Moss did also since I no longer see him on my roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #12
Pro

If you go to League, you can see different things like Transactions, Trades, etc. One of the options will be Retired Players. Players retire over the course of a few weeks. So you may see a player on the roster in week 1 of offseason, then in week 2, he retires.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
If you go to League, you can see different things like Transactions, Trades, etc. One of the options will be Retired Players. Players retire over the course of a few weeks. So you may see a player on the roster in week 1 of offseason, then in week 2, he retires.
Good to know thanks. I guess after the preseason starts there is no way of viewing the list though?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:03 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaMV7
Good to know thanks. I guess after the preseason starts there is no way of viewing the list though?
No. The option to view retired players is no longer available once the season starts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »