Home

Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I don't believe that Predictability is a player Trait. I've seen it listed under attributes, not traits. And I was also wondering what kind of an attribute that was. I don't really understand what it's for.

I think the High Motor and Big Hitter traits are the most important for defensive players. Big Hits will knock a ton of passes incomplete and a High Motor will make your team's run defense a million times better. Try getting both of those attributes for at least all of your starting linebackers and you'll see a world of difference.
It's a trait. You have the ability to purchase it just like clutch and all the other traits. I didn't know what it was for though
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

For DBs why would you want to go from Aggressive to Conservative? I would think that would mean less INTs. Also regarding High Motor and Big Hitter, I don't think all defensive players can get those only certain positions.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaMV7
For DBs why would you want to go from Aggressive to Conservative? I would think that would mean less INTs. Also regarding High Motor and Big Hitter, I don't think all defensive players can get those only certain positions.
I'm guessing Aggressive players go for the ball when they're not in a position to make the play and may lead to a big play. A Conservative player would have better judgement as to when to go for the ball, when to go for the deflection and when to go for the tackle.

As far as Big Hitter, I know that every defensive player has that option available for XP purchase. I'm not sure about High Motor, though. I know it's available for safeties, linebackers and defensive linemen. I'm not sure about CBs, but it prbly is.

Last edited by macbranson; 01-09-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #12
Rookie

On the tuck and trait, why would it cost 5,000 XP to go from often to sometimes

When it says the trait increases the chance you'll take off and run ...

Going from often to sometimes is an upgrade ?

Anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 01:30 AM   #13
Pro

Most QBs who run often, do so because they can't find an open receiver. If your QB is running a lot, it's usually because he's unable to read a defense well and locate open receivers. Optimally, if a QB is mobile, you want him to have a balance of being able to complete passes and knowing when to run. Colin Kaepernick's performance against Green Bay is a great example. He was able to move the ball effectively passing it, but took a few opportunities to run the ball and gain significant yardage. Basically, a QB who runs often hasn't developed his passing skills. So a QB who only runs sometimes is better because he can beat you with his arm or his legs. But if you're playing the game, don't waste your XP on that trait. You control how often you want to run with your QB, so that trait is a complete waste of XP.

Last edited by macbranson; 01-09-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #14
Rookie

I am asking for a Coach league setting and for the player - Russell Wilson

We all know he has skills with his feet but he NEVER runs in the game

Old 01-09-2014, 01:54 AM   #15
Rookie

Increasing the chances - as the description shows goes against what you said. Anyone else have an idea?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #16
Pro

The trait's description on the left is contradictory to the trait's level on the right. It describes it as increasing the chances your QB will take off and run, but on the right, the trait goes "up" when you purchase it from "often" to "sometimes" meaning the QB will run the ball LESS. Simply put, anyone who watches football knows coaches want mobile QBs to develop into great passers who can run only when they need to. No one wants a franchise QB running the ball all the time because they'll get injured. Look at Mike Vick and RG III.

I believe the Tuck and Run trait goes "up" from often to sometimes to rarely. This is the optimum situation for a coach. Look at the some of the great mobile QBs of all time. Steve Young, Warren Moon, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger...they all run the ball less often as they develop into better passers. So the description on the left that says it increase the chances of the QB running the ball is prbly an error. Especially since the Trait level on the ride is the exact opposite of that description.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »