Home

Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Traits

What traits do you guys focus on improving? In my franchise, I focus on Big Hitter and High Motor on my defensive players and focus on Clutch for my offensive guys. I also try to improve Consistency all around. All three of my starting linebackers and both safeties are big hitters with high motors. I've noticed that on defense, my players swarm the ball carrier and punish anyone coming over the middle of the field. I'm not sure if it's the High Motor trait or what, but whenever the ball carrier gets tackled, there's like 3, 4 or even 5 guys surrounding the ball carrier. My team's great at stopping the run and making tackles, just have to work on my pass defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Traits

I pretty much get every trait.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

What does high motor do?
Old 01-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsterDos
What does high motor do?
it refers to a player's ability/desire to chase down a player and keep playing until the end of the down. for instance, justin smith has it. if the run goes away from him he'll keep chasing the RB down.

basically, it means the player doesn't give up.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

What does the predictability trait do? That sounds more negative than positive to me. Why would you want to be predictable on the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

Thank you, and I believe that predictability has to do with a player's acceptance of the contract you offer them, i.e. if a player is a yes for predictability and you give them what they expect when trying to (re)sign them, they will say yes. If they are a no for predictability, then they might not sign that, even though that's what they expect. So this is only really applicable to coach and owner mode, pretty much useless in player mode.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
Pro

I don't believe that Predictability is a player Trait. I've seen it listed under attributes, not traits. And I was also wondering what kind of an attribute that was. I don't really understand what it's for.

I think the High Motor and Big Hitter traits are the most important for defensive players. Big Hits will knock a ton of passes incomplete and a High Motor will make your team's run defense a million times better. Try getting both of those attributes for at least all of your starting linebackers and you'll see a world of difference.

Last edited by macbranson; 01-02-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

I dont know if it is an attribute or a trait, but I know for sure that what I explained is what it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »