Home

Lots of Madden 25 issues addressed here

This is a discussion on Lots of Madden 25 issues addressed here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Lots of Madden 25 issues addressed here

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...60/1/index.htm

^^^^^^^^This article addresses several issues in Madden 25. Namely, (1)why rookies are automatically signed and we don't get to negotiate contracts with them anymore, (2) the disappearance of Restricted Free Agents and (3) why we can only sign free agents to one year contracts.

For those of you too lazy to read the entire article, I'll highlight some key points.

"The rookie system achieved the two objectives NFL owners sought: 1) cheaper contracts for rookies and 2) little to no negotiation. And enhanced penalties for holdouts have eliminated that potential nuisance for teams. As a result, draft picks are signing far earlier and quicker.

But the rookies' sacrifice isn't confined to their debut seasons. All drafted players receive four-year contracts, virtually eliminating restricted free agents—three-year players with expiring contracts—from the marketplace" -Andrew Brandt

Under the new CBA, rookie contracts are determined by a formula. There is essentially no negotiating at all. And they're all signed to four year contracts. Hence, on Madden, we can't negotiate contracts and there are no RFAs because the new CBA has virtually eliminated it. Since the new CBA was put in effect in 2011, any players who started their NFL career in 2010 have already played 3 full seasons and there would be no RFAs at the end of the 2013 season.

"When the bell rang for free agency, a select few such as wideout Mike Wallace and linebacker Paul Kruger cashed in, but the crowded market soon sagged, and many players settled for one-year deals, hoping for more robust spending in 2014." - Andrew Brandt

A lot of teams are trying to develop young players and aren't throwing mountains of cash at free agents anymore. The author referred to it as the "moneyball" philosophy and it's funny because that's how a lot of Madden players operate. Sign young players to long deals and develop them. No trying to sign all the best players available to big contracts and win the Super Bowl that same season.

Anyway, I know a lot of people on this forum, including myself, had some issues with the game and this article definitely addresses a few of them. You should definitely read it. I hope this answers a few questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Lots of Madden 25 issues addressed here

assumed we all knew this. it has been widely reported since the last CBA was agreed upon by the NFL & PA prior to the 2011 season.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
Pro

I think you might be giving EA a little too much credit. I don't think they were visionaries who saw the new economics of football coming. RFAs have been out of Madden for a while. The rookie contracts I'm fine with but FAs still sign multi-year deals. If they were revolutionary in other aspects of the game I would buy it. There are so many things that keep this game from being realistic I just think this happens to be a stroke of luck for the folks at EA.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
Pro

I'd seen some people asking why you could only sign free agents to one year deals and why there is no more RFA and why you can't negotiate rookie contracts. I figured that article addressed all of those questions at one time for the people who didn't know the reasons.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I think you might be giving EA a little too much credit. I don't think they were visionaries who saw the new economics of football coming. RFAs have been out of Madden for a while. The rookie contracts I'm fine with but FAs still sign multi-year deals. If they were revolutionary in other aspects of the game I would buy it. There are so many things that keep this game from being realistic I just think this happens to be a stroke of luck for the folks at EA.
not giving them credit. it's just common knowledge that the CBA changed contracts which was then reflected in madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I'd seen some people asking why you could only sign free agents to one year deals and why there is no more RFA and why you can't negotiate rookie contracts. I figured that article addressed all of those questions at one time for the people who didn't know the reasons.
again, i assumed most NFL fans understood the changes the last CBA brought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

The subject of this thread is misleading. The three things described were designed that way and are working as designed. That doesn't make it an issue. This is a wish list thread.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 01-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

The new CBA has salary cap rollover but EA is too lazy to put in the game. And we should be able to structure contracts with guaranteed base salaries instead of signing bonuses.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
Rookie

I really don't care how they justify it. I get not signing rookies that makes sense. The other two are basically, we are going to marginalize this so it looks like a minor thing when all I want is what actually happens. The fact that I can't sign a guy off the street to nothing than a one year deal is stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »