Home

Best drafted Cornerbacks

This is a discussion on Best drafted Cornerbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best drafted Cornerbacks

Olugbode is a 1st rounder but worth it.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
Rookie

Hand's down the best two corners I've had have been Ify Adantor and Saaed Peppers. Not close.

Sil Olugbode doesn't intercept the damn ball. I traded for him when Peppers retired and traded him away when I drafted Fisher Sargeant.

Leon Sandcastle is awesome, but they never throw his way. If they do, it's party time. Just get used to him being so quick. I've taken control of him and literally missed picks.

I just drafted Drake Reed to be my nickle corner (Leon and Fisher start). Played one game in the nickle, had a pick and broke his collarbone.

He was a 90 right out of the draft and a 91 out of his first game.

Anyway, Peppers and Adantor. Monsters.

Also, if you want a really, really, really good nickle corner get Sir Coard. Only plays well in the nickle spot. He's made for it. I'm sure he's a free agent every year for you if he's already been drafted.

Hell of a backup safety named Smoot too. Worth the money to pay as a backup. Great blitzer, really good INT guy.

I'm all about the turnovers man, so I get pretty scientific with figuring out who fits well. I run Chip Kelly's defense though.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
Anymore specific guys and draft classes? I've ended up using some fast safeties @ CB who work real well but no true cb's who are top notch ( I have Meeks playing cb great but he was drafted as a FS). I refuse to draft Sandcastle bc he really is the best cb by a huge margin in the game & I used him for few seasons during a CFM I had running on ps3.
I'd take Peppers and Adantor over him every day of the week.

Those guys had 10+ interceptions a year for me each. Leon hasn't broken 4 in a season yet and doesn't force fumbles which Ify was great at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 05:24 AM   #12
Banned

When/how is the draft class determined?

I just finished the 1st season of my fantasy draft class and just played the first game of the preseason of the 2nd year, but have saves during the offseason I can go back to.

I want Sandcastle
Old 02-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioTheBeast
When/how is the draft class determined?

I just finished the 1st season of my fantasy draft class and just played the first game of the preseason of the 2nd year, but have saves during the offseason I can go back to.

I want Sandcastle
The draft my first offseason had the MLB Leroy Lester in it.

According to this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sharing#gid=10 this is the Barry Chapman draft class

And according to here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aft-guide.html if Chapman is my last draft, Hancock should be next, which Sanders is in

If so, awesome

Can anyone confirm this?

edit: update it is hte sandcastle draft, sweet

Last edited by JulioTheBeast; 02-06-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I'm desperately in the need of a top tier CB and I'm planning on drafting one. It's the only position I really need to address, so I'm willing to trade up to grab a good one. I saw some real good corners come out of last year's draft with 90+ speed, 80+ strength and hit power. Currently, in my franchise, they're doing the Shady Monroe storyline. Does anyone know any really good corners in that draft class?

I just did this draft and you have some good choices.

RD Name OVR
1 Hull 86slow
1 McCall 82slow
1 Sahanas 81quick
2 Kincade 82 quick

Then you have some late guys
RD Name Speed
3 Kirby 91
4 Trahan 90
6 Castille 88
6 Bryson 88
UFACrumley88
Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #15
Rookie

I second Percy Stephens although his coverage stats start pretty fn terrible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
Banned

Second what halo said about Adantor and Olugbode. I had Adantor on ps3, he was a beast.... have Olugbode now & he's nowhere near that category. I still think Sandcastle is the best but just an opinion. He's def the toughest cb to play against which I like doing. Funny that Seattle took him in the 2nd though (I'm the Rams for that CFM).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »