Home

How accurate do NCAA imported rosters look?

This is a discussion on How accurate do NCAA imported rosters look? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3
How accurate do NCAA imported rosters look?

I got NCAA and was going to import rosters. I know they don't have a backstory on imported rosters but overall how well does in translate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How accurate do NCAA imported rosters look?

Mine were pretty bad, and Derek Carr...well, lets just say, he didn't look like Derek Carr. Maybe you will have better luck, but in mine most players came in around 65-70. With a few that were between 70-75. Only one, AJ McCarron, was as high as 79.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 01-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I have heard that happens a lot. I didn't want Teddy or Manziel to come in as 5-6th rounders. It would kill the realism for me. It's a shame you can't edit draft classes in game like NBA 2k.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

It changes around man. I had manziel clowney and bridgewater all in my top 5. Sammy Watkins went 7th.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
Pro

The top guys came in where they were supposed too. AJ, Teddy, CJ mosley, and a few other big names were all top picks, the problem is they had bad attributes. So they were all rated really low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

for me i prefer the imported classes over the madded created ones because i would much rather increase a players intangibles such as MCV ZCV PRS for a corner than to have to increase say SPD AGI and ACC for a corner. there is a really good thread here on OS that has a bunch of rosters to get exactly what you are wanting you just have to look(i think he name is ROBCARDS) or something like that but he has 3 years worth where all you have to do is download the roster sim the season and import and then load another roster sim the season import and then do the same with the last season. really easy and he walks you through it.

These are for XBOX 360
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ses-360-a.html

Last edited by live to die54; 01-08-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I did some trials myself with NCAA and found that imported classes where really a crapshoot.

Again, as others have stated, players just appear all over the board, even guys who you know are top rated coming out of college. Case in point, Clowney has ranged from #1 overall down to a 3rd round pick. QBs seem to be the guys with the most fluctuation - Manziel has been anywhere from a 1st to a 5th.

Here's some tips I've tried to help with my draft classes:

• NCAA14: In Offseason, save* before simming to Players Leaving. From there, you can go into the Rosters section and still edit players from names to attributes. It removes some of the guess work out of the Draft, but it may ensure some players getting invited to the Draft.
* You may need to save again as a different file since NCAA auto-saves and that may make it to where you can't go back.

• NCAA14: I use the above approach to add in "fake" players from time to time. I'll edit a low-rated senior into a previous NFL'er like Ronnie Lott, Emmitt Smith, etc and make them have similar attributes. Just makes the game fun to see familiar names and player who play with that style. I personally avoid drafting these guys to keep it competitive.

• M25: Save your franchise before Import Draft class. Import in your class, sim/play to the next week, and go to Scouting. You'll be able to look at the Class and see if players spooled into the projections that you feel best about.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

anyone know the max amount of draft classes you can save?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »