Home

How to use the DT and DE's

This is a discussion on How to use the DT and DE's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to use the DT and DE's

So usually all i play is MUT but i don't like it this year so i decided to make a offline CFM and make a DT but i can't get past the O-Line any tips? My strength is 85 power move 85 finesse move 80 and block shedding 87
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to use the DT and DE's

interior lineman str and size matters. i run 34 and all my dudes over 90 str this very important in dominating the line
Old 01-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
Pro

Use the skills of the linemen uour controlling. If he's a bull rusher of a finesse rusher, use the appropriate skill stick. Also try to attack the gaps. As a dt it will take some time to recognize the blocking assignments. I have found rhat a finesse dt with a spin move can be very effective. Shift over to lineup against the guard and spin move between the guard and tackle. Trying to go inside alot can be frustrating as typically you get through once or twice then the center and guard start pinching and you never get there. If you run a 4-3 and you have 2 bull rushers in the middle shift them left or right to even the blocking lining up against the center and a guard. If you leave them in the middle every time you'll struggle as the center and two guards will have an 3 to two advantage. I leave the two DTs in the middle to distract the center of the line when I want to user a DE and create a 1 on 1 on the edge.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Do you have the pass rushing moves unlocked? If no, get them. If so, you use the Right stick to use them. RS towards them to bull rush and I'm not sure how you do the spin and swim (moving the RS left or right does some finesse moves though). You can also kind of set them up with the finesse moves. Like go one way and then quickly the other way.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
Use the skills of the linemen uour controlling. If he's a bull rusher of a finesse rusher, use the appropriate skill stick. Also try to attack the gaps. As a dt it will take some time to recognize the blocking assignments. I have found rhat a finesse dt with a spin move can be very effective. Shift over to lineup against the guard and spin move between the guard and tackle.
So controlling the linemen is similar to controlling HBs? Hitting RS left/right is a sidestep, rotating it spins the lineman, RS at the offense lineman is a truck move and hitting Y/Triangle is a jump.

Are these the main controls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
Pro

Up on right stick- spin
Down on right stick- bull rush
Left and right do finesse moves. Pass rushing is all stick work.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
Rookie

thanks everyone i haven't played in a while cuz of school but ill try these out next time i do
Old 01-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Banned

I just drafted my franchise and my DL is

RE Ansah
DT Poe
DT Suh
LE Jordan, M Ingram (LB)

I took Suh and Poe because they have the STR which is expensive to manually upgrade as well as speed, pass rushing and run stopping ability. When I played a few games before making my team I found they collapsed pockets into the QB pretty easily.

The DEs are rookies but have all the explosion and are big hitters too, they just need their pass rush moves upgraded a bit. Much easier to progress them than DTs.

With a big beast DT like these, it's pretty easy to bull rush a guard straight into the QB, often forcing a hurried throw/QB scramble/slow QB running to throw it or get sacked.

What I need to find is how to properly disengage and go get the QB. I think what it may be is once you have sufficiently bull rushed the DL and have him "on his back heels" you stop the pass rush move and then just run by him to get the QB.

I remember reading somewhere that how the LS is moved in combination with the RS effects the pass rush moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »