Home

Super Bowl lock-up

This is a discussion on Super Bowl lock-up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Super Bowl lock-up

I haven't been around for awhile, so sorry if this has already been posted.

In two different franchises I've taken my team to the Super Bowl, and both times when I try to play the Super Bowl, the game freezes during the loading screen. The loading progression bar stops a little less than half way and is just frozen there. This has only happened with the Super Bowl games. Anybody else have this happen? I'd like to find a way around it. It wasn't easy getting the Cardinals to the Super Bowl!

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Super Bowl lock-up

Quote:

swine_jr said:

In two different franchises I've taken my team to the Super Bowl, and both times when I try to play the Super Bowl, the game freezes during the loading screen. The loading progression bar stops a little less than half way and is just frozen there. This has only happened with the Super Bowl games. Anybody else have this happen? I'd like to find a way around it. It wasn't easy getting the Cardinals to the Super Bowl!

Thanks.

do you have edited rosters? Sometimes that can cause problems if you have made lots of changes.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

No, I didn't edit the rosters. Good point, though.

Maybe I just have a bad disc.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #4
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48

This happened to my bro. I don't know how many years he was into his dynasty tho. We tried it on two PS2's and it still didn't work. It must be a glitch in the software code that locks it up.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #5
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Face it...the Cardinals will not go to the Super Bowl...EA Sports knows this and shuts the game down immediatley if it comes close to happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2004, 12:36 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

DreBly said:
Face it...the Cardinals will not go to the Super Bowl...EA Sports knows this and shuts the game down immediatley if it comes close to happening.

kick a man when hes down.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

dieselboy said:
Quote:

swine_jr said:

Thanks.

do you have edited rosters? Sometimes that can cause problems if you have made lots of changes.

That couldn't be it..... because everybody plays with edited rosters of some sort after year 1, and no two franchises would be alike in terms of ratings and other such things......
Old 02-19-2004, 10:42 PM   #8
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

PlayaHataSupreme said:
Quote:

dieselboy said:
Quote:

swine_jr said:

Thanks.

That couldn't be it..... because everybody plays with edited rosters of some sort after year 1, and no two franchises would be alike in terms of ratings and other such things......

Actually that COUDLD be it.

Before I got online adapter for PS2, I would manually edited the rosters. Players names, looks, ratings, etc. Add players, change teams, etc. etc. etc. Until one point, I edited TOO much, and when I would do franchise mode, my game wouldn't get past the "signing coaches" loading screen, just after the superbowl. I tried and tried to get past it, nothing worked.

I decided to try it without the memory card in, and it worked. So I put the card back in, and sure enough it wouldn't get passed the screen. So I deleted the roster file, and it worked fine.

Now that I have online, I just download the rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »