Home

Something i don't think we will ever see...

This is a discussion on Something i don't think we will ever see... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Something i don't think we will ever see...

This thread is depressing lol

One thing I hope we see sometime soon is automatic FGs that run off the kickers accuracy rating. You flick the right stick, sit back and enjoy it while eating ur popcorn. If I change the FG accuracy a little low, then its going to be unfair to the CPU because my % of kicks is roughly in the mid 90s.... if I miss its because its like a 58 yd fieldgoal with wind.

FGs need to be fair and automatic IMO.

One thing i saw this year that I didnt think I would see was I was runnign with RGIII vs the Seahawks, 4th qtr and Im down 7. Im running towards the endzone with 2 DBs coming at me from the middle of the field, I dive for the pylon in the endzone at same time the DB dives for me. Ball comes loose before it crosses the goalline and rolls out of bounds.. end result? TOUCHBACK!

I was excited and dissapointed at same time. Which is a good thing at the end of the day.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
This thread is depressing lol

One thing I hope we see sometime soon is automatic FGs that run off the kickers accuracy rating. You flick the right stick, sit back and enjoy it while eating ur popcorn. If I change the FG accuracy a little low, then its going to be unfair to the CPU because my % of kicks is roughly in the mid 90s.... if I miss its because its like a 58 yd fieldgoal with wind.

FGs need to be fair and automatic IMO.

One thing i saw this year that I didnt think I would see was I was runnign with RGIII vs the Seahawks, 4th qtr and Im down 7. Im running towards the endzone with 2 DBs coming at me from the middle of the field, I dive for the pylon in the endzone at same time the DB dives for me. Ball comes loose before it crosses the goalline and rolls out of bounds.. end result? TOUCHBACK!

I was excited and dissapointed at same time. Which is a good thing at the end of the day.
The bolded is a really intriguing idea! I like it. That would allow them to incorporate some cool canned animations as well to the automated FGs and more canned reactions from the sidelines/teammates on misses or makes.

I think it would make for a cool option, while still being able to select manual kicking as well.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

lol yeah... if its a game winner show the QB on the sideline with his head down, pressure so high he can't even watch.... a zoomed in shot of the coaches intense stare with his eyes following the ball as it crosses the goal post and then jump in the air and throw his headset down Jim Schwartz style!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MSZstYvv5c
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm thinking you should send the idea to EA...either an actual letter or post it in their forums. I really do like it, and one would think it wouldn't be insurmountable to implement.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think we'll ever see Waivers or Practice squads, it'd be amazing if we got them next madden, way better than the basic first-come-first-serve Free Agency
Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #14
Rookie

Where, oh, where shall I begin...

Variable line splits...

CPU QBs that go through correct progressions, break off drops, and throw hot.

Pass interference.

Play calling AI that analyzes strengths and tendencies and builds a game plan around concepts rather than randomly picking a play that it likes to run a lot.

A year to pass in which a good, game-improving feature is not removed (WR-CB jostling, anyone?)

Protections that make sense.

The ability to mix-and-match rush schemes with coverage and fronts.

Player grades that make sense. Can someone tell me why if a team is going after a breakaway back, they'd rather have the 180 back that runs a 4.2 than the 220lb back that runs a 4.2?

Special teams with meaning.

An auto-sub system that is based on actual rotation logic rather than magical stamina bars.

A year to pass in which a good, game-improving feature is not removed (coverage match ups, anyone?)

A year to pass in which a good, game-improving feature is not removed (formation subs, anyone?)

A year to pass in which a good, game-improving feature is not removed (deciding which way your hot routed pass blocker will block, anyone? Unless we now think it's ok if our 6th protector is keying on the hot read and nobody's accounting for the backside backer, I guess that's cool)

Teams to not have precisely the opposite defensive fronts available to them than they actually use (the Seahawks use UNDER, EA, almost exclusively... not to mention they have a Strong Side Defensive End and a LEO, not a Right End and a Left End.)

Shall I continue? I can do this all day.

Last edited by DropkickCleary; 01-16-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

I don't think we'll ever see videotaping other team's practices ala Patriots before the game starts in a Madden game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickCleary

The ability to mix-and-match rush schemes with coverage and fronts.
^^^^^ I'd really like to see this, but I know EA isn't to going to redo their entire incorrect defensive play calling setup

Last edited by macbranson; 01-16-2014 at 09:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »