Home

Something i don't think we will ever see...

This is a discussion on Something i don't think we will ever see... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Something i don't think we will ever see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
Offsetting penalties, fights breaking out between players, players getting suspended or fined for violating substance abuse policies, helmet to helmet penalties, hitting defenseless receiver penalties
actually even though you dont see it a lot, off settings are in one particular game..
Old 01-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
What in the game do you think you will never see in a Madden or frankly any console football game?

the reason i ask is prompted by the Harbaughs. John making sure his Punter ran around and then got the safety to avoid better SF field position at the end of the SB and Jim calling for a fair catch kick attempt (unopposed and on a tee i believe) during a regular season game. given how far kickers can kick kickoffs it could be kicked from 70+.

iirc 2k had the comment that the kickoff went thru the posts?

what else do you think you wont see? ejection? multiple penalties from both sides on a single play? play clock breaking?
Running around with your punter and taking a safety or just burning time off the is in the game. Made the AI will never do it but I've done it plenty of times. I had a game just last night where I got into FG range with 15 seconds left and no time outs. I didn't want to kick it with that much time left but also didn't want to run a play and risk now getting the kick off if something strange happened. So on two consecutive plays I ran a fake punt pass play, ran my punter back and to the sideline and threw the ball away before being tackled. I got the clock down to 3 seconds and kicked the FG as time expired.

As for fair catch kick attempts they are not off of a tee, otherwise you might see them more than once a decade or so. I wouldn't want to see it implemented into Madden were it would inevitably be something that's done every game which is completely unrealistic. Maybe it could be done realistically but there would be little value in that.

I don't think we'll ever see an officially licensed game which paints the game or players in a really negative way with things like fights, illegal hits or PED use. I remember past Madden and other games having holdouts but I think that was removed for the same reason. The NFL and NFLPA probably don't want to sell their rights to somebody who's going to make them look bad (intentionally)
Old 01-17-2014, 04:20 AM   #19
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Custom Camera Views.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #20
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

OVR: 0

I run that play out of any formation with 2 backs.. Have everyone block except for 1 WR going down field on a fade route.. Run around with the QB as long as you can and then throw it out of bounds. If you need a few extra seconds lob it down field leading it towards the sideline.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

my original examples are assuming you play coach mode and arent on the sticks

how does a fair catch free kick work? anyone know?

found out

no tee in nfl but held on ground by holder at the point of catch or foul(after calling fair catch)
opposing team 10 yds away, kicker can run up as its not snapped, hence recent attempts have been longer than 50 yards because of this, you see some kicks from kickoff go through the posts so logically 75 yards is feasible not sure what the difference is between tee and holder holding with no snap

Last edited by Ueauvan; 01-17-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

Supplemental draft picks. They are complicated enough in real life. I could only imagine EA trying to make that one happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »