Home

Something i don't think we will ever see...

This is a discussion on Something i don't think we will ever see... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Icon6 Something i don't think we will ever see...

What in the game do you think you will never see in a Madden or frankly any console football game?

the reason i ask is prompted by the Harbaughs. John making sure his Punter ran around and then got the safety to avoid better SF field position at the end of the SB and Jim calling for a fair catch kick attempt (unopposed and on a tee i believe) during a regular season game. given how far kickers can kick kickoffs it could be kicked from 70+.

iirc 2k had the comment that the kickoff went thru the posts?

what else do you think you wont see? ejection? multiple penalties from both sides on a single play? play clock breaking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Something i don't think we will ever see...

Offsetting penalties, fights breaking out between players, players getting suspended or fined for violating substance abuse policies, helmet to helmet penalties, hitting defenseless receiver penalties

Last edited by macbranson; 01-14-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Fines by players. It would be cool to see it. As well as seeing players personalities play a role. Like have Suh on your team would hurt popularity as well as Finnegan, TO and so on. But having good guys like Fitz, Marshall and Peterson would boost the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

You'll never see adaptive commentary.

EA seems too focused on having names you recognize with canned repetitive statements. I'd like to see them scrap that altogether and create their own announcers using no name voice over guys. Build an audio library and make the announcing of the game adapt as you progress thru your CFM. Doing that would also allow them to have more than one broadcast team. Make primetime games feel different with different announcers.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
You'll never see adaptive commentary.

EA seems too focused on having names you recognize with canned repetitive statements. I'd like to see them scrap that altogether and create their own announcers using no name voice over guys. Build an audio library and make the announcing of the game adapt as you progress thru your CFM. Doing that would also allow them to have more than one broadcast team. Make primetime games feel different with different announcers.
How is it possible that nobody at EA has had this idea yet?????? Kuddos to your imagination, my friend. That'd be swell!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Rookie

what else do you think you wont see?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Rookie

what else do you think you wont see?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Suspensions, fines, unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, off season DUIs and all that, if properly implemented, would add a great and human layer to the game and enhance strategies.

Sadly the NFL is very protective of the league image so these things will never be incorporated.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »