Home

Your House Rules for XP (Offline Franchise)

This is a discussion on Your House Rules for XP (Offline Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your House Rules for XP (Offline Franchise)

What are your offline franchise player/coach progression house rules?

For example, no practicing, only practicing during the preseason, only progressing after an X amount of weeks, only progressing certain attributes, etc.

I want to have the most realistic and fair coach mode experience possible. I want to turn the Jags into a Super Bowl winning team, but I don't want to do it by shortcutting or being unfair to the CPU in any way. Anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Your House Rules for XP (Offline Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnastygnorc
What are your offline franchise player/coach progression house rules?

For example, no practicing, only practicing during the preseason, only progressing after an X amount of weeks, only progressing certain attributes, etc.

I want to have the most realistic and fair coach mode experience possible. I want to turn the Jags into a Super Bowl winning team, but I don't want to do it by shortcutting or being unfair to the CPU in any way. Anyone have any suggestions?
My rules; note that this is for Owner and Coach CFMs... Players simply aren't compatible (in-game Supersim is broken, XP costs and earnings don't match up... play franchise with either a coach or an owner, or "superstar" mode, not both).

1. No practice. CPU does not practice.

2. No attribute may be raised that costs more than raising AWR. AWR must be raised until it is more expensive than the wanted attribute. For example, you want to increase Play Recognition for a linebacker, which costs 600XP, but AWR costs 550... you have to spend to increase AWR until it costs more than 600 first. (this ensures that AWR is actually increased, otherwise, for a user controlled team, you'd just ignore it for QBs and HBs). Note that this does not apply to traits, those can be purchased at any time (think of it as focusing the position coach's energy on one overarching issue rather than general development).

3. THA must equal at least the average of SAC, MAC, and DAC. The attribute is only of use in simming, but the CPU buys it, so to keep things even, so must I. If at the start of play, THA is not at least that average, it must be solely concentrated on before anything else (excepting rule #2).

4. XP may only be spent at the start of the preseason (to simulate training camp).

One further thing I do for single player CFM- I scale the CPU INT slider depending on my starting QBs AWR rating. If my QB has a 75 AWR, I set CPU INT to 30, if it's 99, I set it to 5. If the starter goes down for multiple games, it changes for the backups AWR for the games he starts.

Last edited by DropkickCleary; 01-15-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

DC,

#1 I get
#2 I get
#3 I get
#4 Don't you think that players progress during the year? Do you set CPU to once a year as well? Coach spend XP points once a year as well?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vusa92troy
DC,

#1 I get
#2 I get
#3 I get
#4 Don't you think that players progress during the year? Do you set CPU to once a year as well? Coach spend XP points once a year as well?
I set CPU to end of year and don't really have any rules for coach progression.

Yes, I believe NFL players progress as the year goes on, but I just prefer to save up the points and focus my efforts all at once so I can do it with a plan without having to write things down.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Your House Rules for XP (Offline Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickCleary
My rules; note that this is for Owner and Coach CFMs... Players simply aren't compatible (in-game Supersim is broken, XP costs and earnings don't match up... play franchise with either a coach or an owner, or "superstar" mode, not both).

2. No attribute may be raised that costs more than raising AWR. AWR must be raised until it is more expensive than the wanted attribute. For example, you want to increase Play Recognition for a linebacker, which costs 600XP, but AWR costs 550... you have to spend to increase AWR until it costs more than 600 first. (this ensures that AWR is actually increased, otherwise, for a user controlled team, you'd just ignore it for QBs and HBs). Note that this does not apply to traits, those can be purchased at any time (think of it as focusing the position coach's energy on one overarching issue rather than general development).

I would change this to PRC for defensive players if it was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I would change this to PRC for defensive players if it was me.
I can only control 1 defensive player, and it varies which I control, thus PRC already has value without me having to put a rule into it.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Nice stuff fellas I believe in my franchise though it is too late starting my 5th season and have some straight studs granted I only did practice 8 times through those 4 seasons. But it seemed to give me an advantage even if it was small as I let most backups go..

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #8
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Dropkick,

How do you deal with DBs or others who have low skill levels on things that you don't think that they need upgrading on, when their AWR is already high. Example; WR with low 'Stiff Arm' skill levels, but relatively high AWR or DBs with low 'Kick Return' or 'Carry' skill levels, but good AWR?

I have had a veteran Safety with good AWR, but the lowest skill is KR and I have no intent on putting him into the rotation to return kicks.

TM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »