Home

CPU-built Powerhouse teams

This is a discussion on CPU-built Powerhouse teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: CPU-built Powerhouse teams

The Bengals would always get stacked in Madden 13. It killed me, as I usually did a Ravens CCM. They'd get a good, young QB (by draft or FA- they once signed Ryan Tannehill a few years in.) They'd build their running game, sign a good WR (once they got Marques Colston and Roddy White) and further build their defense. The Chargers also always were big spenders in FA in Madden 13. They always signed Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson a few years in. They would also build a good defense.

Luckily, I haven't seen so many of these problems in M25.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 01-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

In the online/offline leagues that I have been a part of,
Old 01-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #11
Banned

In the online/offline leagues that I have been a part of,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #12
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

I had the CPU Controlled Ravens win 3 straight Super Bowls (4 if you include real life).

Ironically their QB is still Joe Flacco and their best receiver is Santonio Holmes.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

The closest I have ever seen was in Madden 12, I controlled the Seahawks for 5 years and built that team up to dominance, got them to a 92 OVR. I decided to switch teams after that season and went with the Eagles who were a measly 82 OVR or something, which was the 3rd lowest-as you say, most teams were average at that point.

I ended up playing the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game, they went up to a 94 OVR and smeared my ***. I was happy/sad, it was like watching a child you raised become a star haha... I'm sure they will fall off back down to average over the next couple seasons, but they did increase that year at least.

I think they're always going to hover around average... It would be nice to see some teams built up while others fall off, would be more realistic.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #14
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

I built a Bills powerhouse through the draft.
My only big acquisitions from other teams were Kam Chancellor and Daimone Blue(he always gave me trouble and the Dolphins cut him in the pre-season and I got him).

I am going into 2021 and me, the Seahawks and the Bengals have made the playoffs every year.

The Jets and the Cardinals haven't made in any season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »