Home

Jags or Browns...

This is a discussion on Jags or Browns... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jags or Browns...

So I'm tired of my 49ers season and would like to start one with a team that has never been to the superbowl. So I decided out of these two teams. I'm not trying to decide which team is worse and then rebuild. I'm kind of asking which team is more deserving. For example the Browns have won championships in the all and in the 80s were in the playoffs alot. The jaguars how ever since becoming a new team has not won't anything but in the 90s and a couple years in the 2000 era made it to the playoffs.

I guess I'm asking which team would your go for more to try and win it all? Which team is going through more of a drought or unlucky run that needs to be turned arround Both teams have talent at certain positions to work with. So which team should get their shot

Last edited by 49ers510; 01-17-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Re: Jags or Browns...

The Browns team you speak about is the Ravens. The "new" Browns had a 10 win season, but didn't get into the playoffs. In fact they are yet to get to the playoffs.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
The Browns team you speak about is the Ravens. The "new" Browns had a 10 win season, but didn't get into the playoffs. In fact they are yet to get to the playoffs.

That is not correct. When Art Modell moved the team the history stayed with Cleveland. This must have been written in the original team language because when the Oilers moved to Tennessee all their history went with them. Basically there was a gap in Cleveland's history from 1995 to 1999. And they did make the playoffs in 2002 when they played the Steelers in the wild card round.

I would say the Bengals, Lions, Chiefs, Bills, and Browns are all good candidates. Those are the 5 teams with the longest playoff win droughts listed in order. Lions and Browns have never been to a super bowl. None of those teams have won it.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

I would say the jags only cause they are my team lol. But it's up to you. Just know both teams don't have a QB.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

In terms of a rebuilidng challlenge, the Jags are more fun. They don't have a lot of talent on their roster but have some good building pieces like OL, WRs and such. The Browns defense and OL is actually really talented, especially when placed in the right scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
In terms of a rebuilidng challlenge, the Jags are more fun. They don't have a lot of talent on their roster but have some good building pieces like OL, WRs and such. The Browns defense and OL is actually really talented, especially when placed in the right scheme.
I actually prefer to play with the Jags (I'm lifelong Hawks fan). Its a fun team to build and mold. I generally prefer to pick teams with unstable QB situations. Plus, I like to use Denard Robinson as an Eric Metcalf type, (KR/PR, RB, WR), which helps on a team in need of playmakers.

With the Browns, Will McGahee is the new Earnest Byner. You need 3 yards, he'll get you 3 yards. Need 7 yards, he'll get you 3 yards! Hahaha.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
That is not correct. When Art Modell moved the team the history stayed with Cleveland. This must have been written in the original team language because when the Oilers moved to Tennessee all their history went with them. Basically there was a gap in Cleveland's history from 1995 to 1999. And they did make the playoffs in 2002 when they played the Steelers in the wild card round.

I would say the Bengals, Lions, Chiefs, Bills, and Browns are all good candidates. Those are the 5 teams with the longest playoff win droughts listed in order. Lions and Browns have never been to a super bowl. None of those teams have won it.
The Chiefs won a Super Bowl in 1970
Old 01-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Basically this... Sums it up quite nicely.

Although, I can't play defense to save my soul in Madden.
(But I think that is more by game design than anything)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »