Home

Fixing QB sim stats in CFM

This is a discussion on Fixing QB sim stats in CFM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Fixing QB sim stats in CFM

I just did a little sim to see how QB stats compare to the real life 2013 season and QB stats are way off. TD are about 10 too low on average, INT the same, comp% about 5% too low on average, passing yards around 700 to 1000 yards too few, and average yards per attempt are maybe about 1 yard too low.

It's annoying because I have a good set of sliders I made for myself that give me good stats in the games I play and should match up well with real life stats, but to compare my QB to simulated stats of CFM QBs is pointless. RB rushing yards per carry sim stats are on the high side, maybe .75 to .5 too much but rushing TDs, fumbles, and total yards are pretty good.

We have a great tool in the madden roster editor where you can make global edits to specific positions. What kind of edits could I make to the newest EA roster update to get better QB sim stats?

I know I would have to go back and tune my sliders to adjust how the CPU QB performs against me during ingame but that is not a big deal. Any ideas? Has anyone tried adjusting things?

Last edited by BrianU; 01-17-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fixing QB sim stats in CFM

if Madden is anything like NCAA, then sliders have no effect on sim games, the scores are all predetermined, nothing we can do unless we get a CFM editor.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's a thread from earlier in the season:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-notice.html

The consensus was boosting the QB AWR / ACC as well as the confidence and consistency traits worked pretty well, until about year 6 when it reverts, due to a lack of editing in CCM...

I started with (gamertag) DTRacing roster for PS3 and tweaked a few of the things mentioned above and have had pretty decent stats for the first 4 years of a Bills CCM...

The biggest culprit (IMHO) is the wide discrepancy of AWR from the Manning / Brady / Rodgers high 90's to the 60's that the early rosters had guys like RGIII and Palmer rated at...
Old 01-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

The consensus was boosting the QB AWR / ACC as well as the confidence and consistency traits worked pretty well, until about year 6 when it reverts, due to a lack of editing in CCM...

I started with (gamertag) DTRacing roster for PS3 and tweaked a few of the things mentioned above and have had pretty decent stats for the first 4 years of a Bills CCM...

The biggest culprit (IMHO) is the wide discrepancy of AWR from the Manning / Brady / Rodgers high 90's to the 60's that the early rosters had guys like RGIII and Palmer rated at...
Do the newer rosters from Donny Moore change the low AWR that guys like RGIII have?

Like if I use the week 17 rosters will this be better?
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Do the newer rosters from Donny Moore change the low AWR that guys like RGIII have?

Like if I use the week 17 rosters will this be better?
Not sure, but I doubt it...

DL one and run a season sim test, if the same players I used as examples aren't affected, some others will be due to the "spread" in QB AWR that EA seems to be intent on implementing...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Not sure, but I doubt it...

DL one and run a season sim test, if the same players I used as examples aren't affected, some others will be due to the "spread" in QB AWR that EA seems to be intent on implementing...
I did a sim with the newest roster update and still found the same QB stats issue with the vast majority of QBs being 50% completion percentage and low passing TDs/yards overall.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:

I only really plan to play 3 or 4 years of CFM so that doesn't bother me. I looked over that thread briefly today (I think I posted in it way back when the game first came out!) but not too deeply. Is there any consensus on a formula to adjust the QBs AWR league wide? I would prefer if I could just adjust awareness since accuracy would probably have a bigger impact on ingame gameplay and I like where my sliders are at. Like does raising every QB by 10 fix it? What about by 15?

Secondly I plan to use custom draft classes that others have made on here (I'm on PS3). I assume the non-import draft classes suffer from the same poor QB stats, is it possible to raise the AWR attribute in the draft class? If I bought NCAA 14 could I do that for the top tier QBs? Not sure how they work really or if that's possible or if theres another way to edit draft classes.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Nice seeing some familiar faces around here from when the game first came out. I have to say the Next gen version looks really good to me as far as the improved O-Line blocking, formation of the pocket, pressure on the QB, and true step. At least what I have been reading and seeing in videos it looks like solid improvements not minor. If they throw some upgraded presentation to next year I might have to upgrade but for now i'm sticking with current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »