Home

Should i help my players traits?

This is a discussion on Should i help my players traits? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Should i help my players traits?

I made a cfm and my team is the Jags, and i'm confused aboutwhat all the traits in progress player mean. Like for my dbs should i upgrade the play ball trait? Should i even bother with the traits? I upgraded one of my DT bull rush move from enabled to no, did that do anything? And i have enough xp to upgrade it from no to yes but it's locked do i need to up some other stats before i could get those types of moves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Should i help my players traits?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.. Like, is there a web page that shows the importance of each trait? what it does, ext? It would be similar to how people have broken down the penalty sliders and what they do / don't do.

May anyone help us with this, please?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Should i help my players traits?

Traits are worthwhile. Off the top of my head:

Predictability: Upgrade from NO to YES. I think this has to do with consistency. This could also mean that the player uses a variety of tools and doesn't just bull rush every play, for example.

Consistency: Upgrade from zero to four. Reduces chance of hitting cold streaks.

Swim Move/Bull Rush/Spin Move: Upgrade from no to yes. Enables moves.

Big Hitter: No to yes. Doesn't make him a better tackles. Makes him deliver bigger hits which likely causes more fumbles (and more injuries?)

High Motor: No to Yes. Player goes all out every play.

Clutch: No to Yes. Makes big plays in key moments in the game.

Brace vs Hits: Upgrade from none to always. Less likely to fumble from a big hit.

Feet in Bounds: No to yes. Will toe tap instead one foot in, one foot out.

Fights for yards: No to yes. Falls forward instead of collapsing into a heap.

Drops open pass: No to yes. Wont drop passes when running wide open.

Senses pressure: I know when this is low the QB gets happy feet and will be greatly affected by blitzers being near him. Once upgraded he will stand cool and calm in the pocket.

Tuck and run. Allows QB to know when to tuck and run vs waiting to get pummeled.

Play ball. From agressive to conservative. Agressive means foolishly jumping the route and sometimes whiffing and giving up the big play. Conservative means the DB plays smart and only goes for the ball when he's sure he can get to it.

I always look at Madden as a series of mathematical equations and apply this theory to my XP spending. For example:

Let's say it's 4th and 1 for my opponent who is down by 1 with 1:46 to go at the 50 yard line. He calls a run up the middle and my MLB attacks the gap.

What's going to come into play here is the RB's BCV, CAR, ELU, TRK, STR and possibly whether or not he has clutch, brace vs hits, and fight for extra yards enabled.

For my MLB it's going to be TKL, POW, PRC and whether or not he has clutch and big hitter turned on.

Other attributes affect it all as well.....but basically someone is going to make the play and the higher the attributes and the more traits that are on or upgraded the more likely it is that you win that scenario. Maybe his guy trucks through and breaks it all the way. Maybe my guy lays the wod and causes a fumble. Everything you can throw into that equation that tips the scales towards you helps.

Personally, I always want my entire defensive front 7 to have high motor, big hitter, clutch, bull rush, swim move, spin move, predictability on, FMV, BSH, and consistency at least at 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 01-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Predictability: Upgrade from NO to YES. I think this has to do with consistency. This could also mean that the player uses a variety of tools and doesn't just bull rush every play, for example.
Actually, I believe that predictability does not affect the player on the field, but rather off the field. No --> Yes, the player is more likely to accept the contract that he asks you for. This is only applicable in Owner and Coach mode, so don't even bother with it in Player Mode.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Should i help my players traits?

You may well be right. I kind of guessed at that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Thank you for your reply!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #7
Rookie

jmjoker's Arena

Answer: Yes, Yes, Yes

Get the Clutch Trait for ALL PLAYERS

Get Cover Ball Trait Always for all halfbacks

Get Big Hitter Trait for all defensive players

Get-no dropping open passes for all receivers and TEs

Get High Motor trait for all defensive linemen-

Those are the ones you need

Raiders CFM
Season 1: 10-6 Wildcard
Season 2: 12-4 AFC West Champs
Season 3: 14-2 SB Champs
Season 4: 15-1 SB Champs
Season 5: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 6: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 7: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 8: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 9: 10-0
Old 02-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #8
Pro

Why do you post your cfm record to give your reply legitimacy? I agree with your answer but if you have only lost 1 in the last 100 games that's sign you need new sliders not how good you are. There are a few people on here lately that post on every thread to brag about dominating rookie mode .

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »