Home

Catches Allowed

This is a discussion on Catches Allowed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Catches Allowed

I've played two whole seasons of Madden 25 and I just realized there is a stat category called "catches allowed" for cornerbacks. What I also noticed is that the stat was recorded in my 2013 season, but in my 2014 season all my corners have 0 catches allowed like the stat wasn't even recorded. Isn't this stat important to corners gaining XP? Is this yet another glitch in the game because I know my corners allowed a lot of catches last season LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Catches Allowed

Pretty sure those stats only occur if you simulate games.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioTheBeast
Pretty sure those stats only occur if you simulate games.
Nope. I played the entire season last year and didn't simulate a single game. And all of my corners have catches allowed for last season, but not this season.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Always shows as 0 for me and I'm in year 4 of my franchise. I also remember seeing some "Pass Block Footwork" and "Run Block Footwork" column at some point which is different than the actual Pass Block and Run Block stats.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
Rookie

I don't think it has an effect on XP

And I think you can only see the blocking footwork stats in Certain spreadsheets like fantasy draft. What effect it has is as unknown as all the rest of the stats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Pro

This is off the main topic, but Pass/ run block footwork is an attribute, not a statistic. It appears on the depth chart when you're playing a game. I believe the Pass Block attribute is broken down into Pass Block Footwork and Pass Block Strength, kind of the same way Throwing Accuracy is broken down into Short, Medium and Deep accuracy. I've never been aware of how the blocking footwork/ strength translates into actual gameplay.

Back to the main subject; does catches allowed matter at all? It seems like it would be a pretty important stat for cornerbacks.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
Nope. I played the entire season last year and didn't simulate a single game. And all of my corners have catches allowed for last season, but not this season.
None of the players on my team have any catches allowed, a player I traded for has 16, the rest of the league has a ton.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
This is off the main topic, but Pass/ run block footwork is an attribute, not a statistic. It appears on the depth chart when you're playing a game. I believe the Pass Block attribute is broken down into Pass Block Footwork and Pass Block Strength, kind of the same way Throwing Accuracy is broken down into Short, Medium and Deep accuracy. I've never been aware of how the blocking footwork/ strength translates into actual gameplay.

Back to the main subject; does catches allowed matter at all? It seems like it would be a pretty important stat for cornerbacks.
As you said, I think you can find RBS, RBF, PBS, and PBF in the depth chart while playing a game.

STR is the biggest determining factor in RBS and PBS, athletecism is the most determining factor in RBF and PBF, and "run blocking" and "pass blocking" causes them both to go up.

Ie Michael Oher had his run block rating dropped to like 78, but because he is 98 strength, 60 spd and 80 acc, he has like 95 RBS and 87 RBF, which will go up very fast if you icnrease his run block stat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »