Home

D line 3-4, 4-3

This is a discussion on D line 3-4, 4-3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: D line 3-4, 4-3

And yeah in the player types, none of the second position settings have an impact on the displayed ratings. I try to stick with balanced in the cases I want a diverse positioning (WR especially)
Old 01-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34
I've noticed this, but haven't played around with it enough to understand what is going on.

So in your scheme settings, there is a DT1 and DT2, but are you saying that only the DT1 has an impact on the ratings?

It seems like one of my DTs has a really good rating but the other guy is lower, and I wondered if it was because one is a pass rusher and one a run stuffer.
I'm using the Chargers for my fantasy team but running a 46/4-3

In the strategy menu, the amount of "slots" to configure are stuck as whatever they are when the game was released, 3-4 teams are stuck with 1 DT slot and 2 MLB slots, the opposite for 4-3.

But the 2nd slots configuration has no effect on how the players are rated.

For example if you set WR 1 as speed, all receivers will be rated as speed receivers regardless of what you set the WR 2 slot as.

The real question is if my 2nd DT gets less XP then he should because there is no 2nd DT slot, so less XP than he would be getting if my team had 2 DT slots to configure.

I have no idea to the answer to this, someone may want to tweet or email or whatever to Ea.

I'm probably going to switch to a 3-4 next season and move Suh to DE and possibly Poe as well (traded for Jesse Williams NT) so that they're both in a "1 slot" if it makes any difference for XP.

Plus the pass rushing has been pretty bland from the 4-3. My DEs Ansah and Jordan crushed the sack record cause my team and D is beast but there's not really any line stunts or twists, the DEs just try to run around the corner and the DTs just bull rush and even when they push the OL into or even past the QB they don't even try to get him.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:42 AM   #11
Rookie

So for the different line schemes what should i look for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 AM   #12
Rookie

So for the different line schemes what should i look for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »