Home

I need help getting this idea to EA

This is a discussion on I need help getting this idea to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I need help getting this idea to EA

What's the best way to go about this?

I want them to consider adding an option in the next versions of the game to have automatic FGs that let the skills of the kickers effect the outcome of the field goal. No more direction arrows, and adjusting the trajectory to make 99% of your FGs on the season.

Imagine how gratifying it would be to win a game at the end of the season to sneak into the playoffs or in a game where you had to scratch and claw your way back into it on a game winning FG that you have absolutely 0 control over. It would be equally as exciting if it were a 62 yd FG or a 30 yder, because your confidence level of the CPU making the FG at the 30 yardline would probably be 95% less then it would be if you did it yourself.

This is a game-changing idea that would add excitement to the game that you can't manufacturer on your own.

NBA2k series has done this, where you just flick the right stick to initiate the FT process, and the FT accuracy of the player and random chance determines if it goes in or not. This, however goes a step further because 3 points in a NFL game sometimes is the difference of close games where both teams are equal.

I'm not a twitter guy, a facebook guy, and I've never actually been to the EA website. So someone please, who has the ability better then I do, submit this idea to EA, maybe even go as far as beating them over the head with it.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I need help getting this idea to EA

I'd be all for this. In the meantime, try super simming all special teams plays. While it would be great to be able to watch it, it does at least provide the level of uncertainty on field goals, kick return TDs, blocked kicks, etc. that you just can't get while playing.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan21
I'd be all for this. In the meantime, try super simming all special teams plays. While it would be great to be able to watch it, it does at least provide the level of uncertainty on field goals, kick return TDs, blocked kicks, etc. that you just can't get while playing.
Kick return TDs happen ON me at a decent amount.... on the other hand I can as well but I can also easily get to the mid 30s on every return which I don't like.... I may start supersimming my kickoff returns and FGs but I do like pursuing the CPU on kickoffs.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's actually a pretty cool idea. Have you tried going to super sim on a FG try and then click, watch next play? I will try this once I'm off work.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Rookie

The only problem I foresee is that people will always be going for it on fourth down instead of kicking the fg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

On contacting EA, good luck. I don't think they care even a little bit. I know I'm not the first guy to complain about EA but they don't even fix bug issues from 1 game to the next.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #7
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Sorry but they won't listen. If they did use your idea they probably wouldn't tell you and take the credit for themselves
Old 01-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder84
On contacting EA, good luck. I don't think they care even a little bit. I know I'm not the first guy to complain about EA but they don't even fix bug issues from 1 game to the next.

It's okay, it's not really a new idea, the devs know we want it because it's been suggested here every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »