Home

Lower Depth Players

This is a discussion on Lower Depth Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Lower Depth Players

Yo,

I know there is an underrated players thread, but underrated could just be something as simple as a player being a beast in real life, but ratings suck on madden. And ive been scouting around for names that i can pick up in my Jaguars franchise, which gave me the idea to start this thread.

Now, its unlikely that teams will want to trade their best players, sometimes even their second string. SO, this brings me to ask..

Which lower rated players, that are either in free agency, or sitting low in teams depth charts are worth picking up? You know, players that dont get much game time, the ones that are wasted. Not the star rookies, not the 80/90+ rated youngsters. Im talking players like Denard Robinson. In my game hes rated 65, but is an absolute beast.

This would help me out alot, and im hopeful it could help alot of you guys that are struggling to rebuild teams too. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and im looking forward to any response given.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Lower Depth Players

Charles Johnson wr on the browns is great, good size makes plays. Mikel leshoure is awesome but stuck behind bell and Bush in Detroit.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

TheManInBlack38's Arena

OVR: 6

You're right about Denard, he is a beast. But i've also had a ton of success with Ace Sanders in my Jaguars franchise. I don't think he is rated that high but he is a solid slot receiver.

Current Series:
MLB 15 The Show
Franchise - Cubs - 1st Season
FIFA 15
Player Career - ST - 1st season
Madden 15
Franchise - Lions - 3rd Season
Career - RB - Saints - 3rd Season
NBA 2K15
My Career - SG - Cavaliers - 2nd Season
Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

I like to sign young offensive line players from free agency. I look for players around 23/24 in the low 70's.
I can usually sign them up for 7 yrs at about 900k with a tiny bonus. If i have a game thats a blowout i throw them in to get a few points. Then every year when you reach your goal for yards gained etc they recieve the same bonus points as the starters.

Perfect example i signed a guard called Hough Jenkins 23 yr old 73 overall after 2 seasons he was my starter rated 80 and was being paid virtually nothing
Old 02-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Masterfocker's Arena

DaMonster Moore; Giants LE. He's awesome and is second string behind Justin Tuck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Forgot to mention Cornelius washington LE for Chicago Bears. His basic stats for speed acceleration strength etc are all high.. He gets 10+ sacks every year. BEAST!!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

another one from the jags (latest roster update) is a WR called Williams. Hes rated like 64, but is 6ft 5. He catches practically everything. he isnt too fast, but throw it on the come back curls, and its almost 100% completion rate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »