Home

Best version for 360

This is a discussion on Best version for 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 AM   #9
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best version for 360

I got madden '12 seems very smooth
Old 02-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubeusHagrid
Question of my own: is the connected careers mode really an upgrade over the old franchise mode? Or do you guys prefer the old mode?
For me, the old mode was incredibly stale. The new one is far from perfect, but at least it has life in it. The computer will make trades with other computer controlled teams, and offer you trades. It will make roster moves based on position battles. For example, in just one season I saw the Chargers move from Ryan Matthews to Danny Wood head in the first quarter of the season, and then back to Matthews in the last quarter of the season because it was not happy with the production of either.

There is a twitter feed and a news feed that keeps the franchise feeling alive. You have story lines for some rookies. Just like in real life, we don't hear about all of the rookies all of the time. You have to be a draft/NCAA junkie to know about all kinds of incoming rookies.

These simple things alone make Madden 25 far superior to 12 in my opinion. Add in the annoying undrafted free agents from M12, and that the only way to have any form of realstic roster moves in Madden 12 is to have a 32 team franchise. The default logic of Madden 12 is to treat every team like a 4-3 defense. They want like 5 DT's and only 2 MLBs, and if you have two good MLB's, they cut the one with the lower OVR, ro at least don't resign them despite when you go in game to play that team, they still have a 3-4 playbook and a terrible roster. I read people say "oh, it doesn't take that long." Yes... yes it does. It takes forever. It's mind numbing. I want to play football.

I will be the first to admit that I LOVE custom play books and probably spend as much time or more in practice mode messing around with my play book trying to make tweaks here and there. That is time consuming, but at least I am doing football stuff and not micro managing 32 teams. If you like 12, then great. If was the best of the group of 09, 10, 11, and 12. I never played 13, but that was because it looked more like an alpha build for 25 than a finished game. By that standard, I stuck with 12... but now that 25 is out, I haven't looked back.

... I still think that APF2k8 is a better football game, but M25 is the best madden I have played on the whole.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #11
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
For me, the old mode was incredibly stale. The new one is far from perfect, but at least it has life in it. The computer will make trades with other computer controlled teams, and offer you trades. It will make roster moves based on position battles. For example, in just one season I saw the Chargers move from Ryan Matthews to Danny Wood head in the first quarter of the season, and then back to Matthews in the last quarter of the season because it was not happy with the production of either.

There is a twitter feed and a news feed that keeps the franchise feeling alive. You have story lines for some rookies. Just like in real life, we don't hear about all of the rookies all of the time. You have to be a draft/NCAA junkie to know about all kinds of incoming rookies.

These simple things alone make Madden 25 far superior to 12 in my opinion. Add in the annoying undrafted free agents from M12, and that the only way to have any form of realstic roster moves in Madden 12 is to have a 32 team franchise. The default logic of Madden 12 is to treat every team like a 4-3 defense. They want like 5 DT's and only 2 MLBs, and if you have two good MLB's, they cut the one with the lower OVR, ro at least don't resign them despite when you go in game to play that team, they still have a 3-4 playbook and a terrible roster. I read people say "oh, it doesn't take that long." Yes... yes it does. It takes forever. It's mind numbing. I want to play football.

I will be the first to admit that I LOVE custom play books and probably spend as much time or more in practice mode messing around with my play book trying to make tweaks here and there. That is time consuming, but at least I am doing football stuff and not micro managing 32 teams. If you like 12, then great. If was the best of the group of 09, 10, 11, and 12. I never played 13, but that was because it looked more like an alpha build for 25 than a finished game. By that standard, I stuck with 12... but now that 25 is out, I haven't looked back.

... I still think that APF2k8 is a better football game, but M25 is the best madden I have played on the whole.
Your argue is very interesting and for sure will be a good thing that in franchise other controlled cpu team play smart on management....only the thing that dont have convinced me to spend 60$ for madden 25 is that on 360 the graphics in the demo seems to me very horrible....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #12
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I find 32 team control a must no matter what version you play.While I'll take it that 25 is probably better than '12 for CPU roster moves,it still is alarming when a team won't resign their star franchise qb when their rookie contract expires.

I like controlling all teams in every sports game and making moves without bias according to what seems logical.I don't play through many years at a time and instead went year to year with '12 and dropped the real draft class and put big name players on the teams they went to in free agency,dropped all fake players from teams and filled out rosters with players that made sense for each team.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:42 AM   #13
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

Yes your are true, but is very impegnative to micro manage all 32 team if you play randomly... I appreciate and respect who that make that... but for me it a little to much complicate im not an american football deep expert....I will try my madden 12 franchise actually Im testing some slider I really like the near graphics not much when camera is far...but the gameplay seems solid, the graphics of 25 as uniform and helmet(like vikings) seems very far from real...gameplay I dont know I wish is good, but at the moment will try '12 and later '25 also because I think will stay at 360 at least next 2 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I find 32 team control a must no matter what version you play.While I'll take it that 25 is probably better than '12 for CPU roster moves,it still is alarming when a team won't resign their star franchise qb when their rookie contract expires.

I like controlling all teams in every sports game and making moves without bias according to what seems logical.I don't play through many years at a time and instead went year to year with '12 and dropped the real draft class and put big name players on the teams they went to in free agency,dropped all fake players from teams and filled out rosters with players that made sense for each team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »