Home

Quick to Super Star?

This is a discussion on Quick to Super Star? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Quick to Super Star?

Let's say you have a young player with normal development and want to develop him. Would you stop at Quick and increase other attributes or get him to Super Star and then go after attributes?

Does it depend on position and/or scheme for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Quick to Super Star?

If its someone who I'm going to be throwing into the game right away, I max him to Superstar ASAP before I get to his other attributes. If its someone who will likely ride the pine for a while, I may increase his regular stuff first. For positions other than OL and FB, guys who don't play usually only get points from practicing. waiting for 50,000 could take a few seasons.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Upgrading development not only makes your guys earn XP faster, but also lowers the prices to upgrade everything saving you XP. It works out in the long run especially if you know it will be for a player you will be using a lot and is fairly young.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

A question I've been pondering is what age would you all say is the cutoff point to upgrade their development? I'm in a predicament if say I have a 27-28 year old player.. Is it worth it to keep saving up that XP to upgrade his development, or am I better off just upping his attributes? I feel like by the time I'd get some of them to SS development, they'll be 29/30 and isn't that the point where everything starts costing more XP anyway? I haven't see what age it really starts to take a dive for players.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I would say that age range of 25-27 is the latest that Id put the points into speeding up the development. At that point, you're probably better at dumping the XP into their cheaper catagories and just getting them up as high as you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Let's say you have a young player with normal development and want to develop him. Would you stop at Quick and increase other attributes or get him to Super Star and then go after attributes?

Does it depend on position and/or scheme for you?
If the player is good enough already and has a big game like a DE with a bunch of sacks or a WR you can go from buying quick development one week to superstar the next sometimes.

Your players certainly progress the fastest if you just focus on the development trait.

For my fantasy draft team the first thing I did was bring up everyone's consistency, then key skills like PMV/FMV/BSH for pass rushers, then a little bit of PRC/AWR, then the development.

Sometimes when I hit quick I'll continue to boost skills a little bit before getting superstar.

It's really up to you.

I'm in the offseason of my first year of my fantasy draft team, and some guys I had enough to take them from normal to quick development, but because it's the offseason I can change their position, so I'm moving MLB Daryl Washington to OLB to upgrade his pass rush moves, then moving him back to MLB, and upgrading OLB Alec Ogletrees pass rush moves and moving him to MLB (I'm converting to a 3-4)

I'll be able to upgrade their development during the season but not their pass rush moves since they'll be stuck at MLB.

It may take a while to get them to the development but at this point after upgrading for a season I don't really need to get them anything else until I get development.

The "cheapest" way might be to get development right away, but some players might take forever to get there.

Upgrading your stats increases your chance of making plays, which gets you XP.

My backup OL barely played any snaps but all made the pro bowl. They're all hitting quick development now but probably should be at superstar. since they never even play i could have just waited to upgrade their stats until they were superstar.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

I'd say do not bother upgrading development on anyone over the age of 25. At that point just focus on boosting their stats as much as possible with whatever stage of development they have. This is why drafting is so important. If you get some young promising talent between the ages of 20-23 that already have Quick or Superstar development, they will become amazing in a few years and still be young.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Better seal them up to long term deals first unless you want the monster you created destroying you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »