Home

Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks

This is a discussion on Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks

For the 49ers: 8/10, for the Seahawks: 4/10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

@PGaither

Do u even feel like Sherman is making a substantial impact on your defense? I've always wondered if having an elite CB would translate to any significant improvement against the passing game since the CPU tends to avoid throwing to the #1 receiver and mostly throws to the slot receiver, flanker or tight end (in my experience). Having one or even two fairly high rated corners never seemed to make much difference on Madden. Have u noticed any significant difference since adding Sherman to your team?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #27
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
@PGaither

Do u even feel like Sherman is making a substantial impact on your defense? I've always wondered if having an elite CB would translate to any significant improvement against the passing game since the CPU tends to avoid throwing to the #1 receiver and mostly throws to the slot receiver, flanker or tight end (in my experience). Having one or even two fairly high rated corners never seemed to make much difference on Madden. Have u noticed any significant difference since adding Sherman to your team?
Nope.

I find the same thing to be true. That's why I made the trade. To see. I find man coverage to be a joke in general when using All-Madden sliders. With All-Pro sliders, I have seen man coverage be dominant... but have never gotten good user man coverage with any all-madden settings. Not RG3MVP's 50/50 sliders, not with 100 user reaction and coverage settings. Nothing. A receiving target makes a cut and leaves a LB or CB in the dust.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #28
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Huh, I see this all the time and I experiance the exact opposite.

Zone coverage always leaves me in the dust if I'm not consistently giving up 5 yards in the short pass I am giving up 50 yards deep (generally on an up and out route or deep down the middle). However in man I consistently shut down the defense for the most part.

As I said I run with a slightly modified Jarrods Black set Sliders. So user coverage is at 15. I do have INTs turned up to 45 but at the request of others in my league as I prefer them a little lower or I'm consistently getting 4+ ints a game. Cpu accuracy is 50 and cpu WR catching is 80. Dpi and opi both at 100.

Man coverage does give up two routes from time to time which is slant over the middle and out routes. It gives up one route pretty consistently if not for a few adjustments and that is the up and out (the post to the sideline).

I also tend to make a handful of adjustments at the line depending on what I see the offense doing. For example....

Cpu comes out in snugs. I'm in nickle man cover 2. I assume that at least one player is going to the sidelines so I will quickly adjust my coverage by telling my players to move to the right (LT/L2 and the right on the left stick). I will then put zones to sideline (Y/triangle and up on the right stick). I then will sometimes press depending on if the other team has low release receivers. Then I will user my FS to cover the left sideline since I've told my team to move and cover the right side of the field.

Say the cpu comes out in 3 wide with a TE and a HB. I'll come out in dime man cover 2. Say they've run a HB screen out of this formation and I want to watch for that. I will move my defense to the side of the field that the HB is on (similar to the way I did in the above example). I'll adjust my d-lines rush to the inside (LB/L1 and left on the right stick if the RB is on the left side and vice versa). I'll put the DE closest to the HB on a QB contain (A/X and the right sick to the right). The I'll control either the LB on the HB or the Safety above the HB. If Controling the LB I simply follow the HB. If controlling the Safety I'll read the screen, if it is I'll jump the route and cut it off (resulting in either a incomplete/interception/tackle for loss or the QB will get sacked or have to go elsewhere). If it's not I simply fall back into coverage.

Using these Sliders and this type of play. I have gotten players like Joe Haden 10 ints a season pretty consistently (this was when the int slider was at 30). I do give up some pretty big yardage a game once in a while this is usually do to blitzing or the offense just having WAY too many threats in the passing game.

Maybe I'm alone in this because I generally seem to be the only person I've seen that had great success with this but that's just me experiance.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #29
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Well, I can put 100/50/100 as my user pass defense settings and watch my 89 man coverage corner get worked by 77 route running Golden Tate because it is on "All-Madden." It's trash. Straight trash. Games I just turned off are why I walk away rom this video game for weeks or months at a time. In the end defense is just a freaking joke. My elite front 7 can't get any push or pass rush. My corners who all have an equal or better rating in man against the WR route running rating can't cover to save their life and let Wilson complete 80% or more of his passes and score on nearly every drive. If my linebackers aren't laying the hit stick and knocking the ball out or causing fumbles, then defense doesn't mean squat.

I don't mind losing a game. Heck, beating the computer can be SUPER easy... but once you go All-Madden, you need to stop playing sim style. The computer will just win every match up it wants to up and down the field. RG3MVP in his sliders forums has talked about "slideritus" and that is a perfect term. I can get some great game play out of All-Pro, but it is also a cake walk if I even try on offense. Heck, I can score on most drives on All-Madden settings. Honestly, most every game turns into a shoot out on All-Madden, and the only time I even have a chance is if I go super boring mode and just call various cover 3's on every single defensive play. Just user a linebacker or a hook/flat zone safety and lock it down the best you can. (YAWN)
Old 02-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Similarly, I've tried to figure out ways to bring Marshawn Lynch to Oakland, which if we've learned anything about him in recent months, is that he's an Oakland man. He may not admit it but there's no doubt in my mind he'd rather play for his home town. (He's not about dollars and cents and winning tradition, he just plays hard as a mf'er, that's all there is to it)

Anyway, realistically speaking this is impossible. Seattle won't do away with Lynch and Oakland has nothing realistic to offer. So, in a situation like this and similarly Richard Sherman, the only probable way is to get them in free agency.

Guys like Sherman will want to stay put. We've heard him run his mouth an awful lot, but I've yet to see him ever say anything about money. So, he will probably stay in Seattle for a long, long while.

Edit - And oh, I doubt this will get a lot of attention at the bottom of this post, but if you guys are having a hard time getting challenging contests with the CPU, play the game in broadcast camera. It changes EVERYTHING. I've had my most realistic games playing in broadcast cam. As a QB in the NFL, you know where to expect your receivers on any given play, not necessarily that you SEE them but that you KNOW where they SHOULD be.. well, broadcast cam allows for that.

And breaking off a touchdown scamper in broadcast cam is way more exciting to watch and experience than the regular cam.. it feels more like TV so you get to share that similar excitement

Last edited by R.Moncrief; 02-13-2014 at 09:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »