Home

Developing a MLB

This is a discussion on Developing a MLB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Developing a MLB

I've drafted a couple of good MLBs that I want to develop and I was curious how people ranked the relevant categories for the position: TAK, PUR, BSH, AWR, PRC (leaving out Hit Power since its so expensive).

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Developing a MLB

Personally, I lean towards: TAK, PRC, BSH, PUR, AWR. I build mine to f **** up though.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

mannyt55's Arena

OVR: 2

I like to go after very athletic MLBs and focus on TKL, PRC, PUR and ZCOV. I run a 3-4 defense and like to have one MLB roam the field (cover the middle, stick a TE, etc) and one MLB that is more of a block shedding, run stopping beast.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

I forgot to mention I use a 4-3, so that does play a factor as well.. I basically want him to be a stopper more than anything.. Like Manny said above, if its a 3-4 I'm more investing in one to be a ZCOV backer.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

I go after freak athletes. Looking for 6'3 and at least 240 pounds, and pure athletic gifts. From there I'll develop tackling, block shredding, pursuit, zone and man coverage. From there I'll hit up the playmaker stats like play recognition and awareness.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I try and raise them all pretty evenly...
Old 02-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Banned

In my fantasy draft league I took Daryl Washington and traded for Alec Ogletree during my 1st season to my 2nd LB (I was runnning a 46)

In my 2nd season I switched to a 3-4 so they were my MLBs, but the first offseason the draft was the "Barry Chapman" draft which has a MLB Leroy Lester.

During the season it had the storyline of him being the next Ray Lewis but it was my first season with this game and I never bothered with the in game draft classes before because the players always sucked or were flawed.

Anyways it turns out this guy really is the next Ray Lewis with 90 speed, agility, acceleration and tackle, 80 strength and 95 hit power.

Well I have big hitters everywhere on my team except for MLB so I had to have him, even though I gave up something rediculous for Ogletree like 2 1st's and a 2nd.

So I run the rookie Lester in my base D with Washington and in the nickel I bring in Ogletree who has coverage skills and pass rush moves.

Because I am user controlling Lester and he is my only raw player, the first thing I am upgrading is stamina which is only like 78, then I will probably do block shedding which is like 78 as well.

Once those are at a respectable level I will focus on PUR, PRC and coverage ability so I don't hav to user control him every snap.

Then I will save up XP heading into the offseason so I can move him to OLB, give him pass rush moves, upgrade his PMV/FMV stats, and move him back to MLB.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paarman
I forgot to mention I use a 4-3, so that does play a factor as well.. I basically want him to be a stopper more than anything.. Like Manny said above, if its a 3-4 I'm more investing in one to be a ZCOV backer.
For a run stopper, I would focus on Awareness, Block Shedding and Tackling. Those attributes are most important to him locating and bringing down the ball carrier. Then Pursuit and Hit Power can be built up to help get to the ball carrier faster and get big hits and force drops or fumbles. Then I'd start building up Zone Coverage. I don't really mess with Man Coverage too much, but I'm sure it's useful especially if you run lots if 0 coverage and the MLB has to be in man coverage a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »