Home

re-signing players and free agents help

This is a discussion on re-signing players and free agents help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

davidkwill's Arena

OVR: 0
re-signing players and free agents help

I apologize if this topic or something similar has been posted but need help in re-signing players and free agents. Im sure most have noticed that when you offer more money than the player is asking , he still says no. Im need help in trying to sign some guys. what do you have to do to get these guys to say yes. i can get it to work on a few by offering more but is there a strategy.

also off topic do you have to have user control on all teams in order to change uniforms when i get ready to play the cpu?

Arkansas Razorbacks
Washington Redskins
St. Louis Cardinals
Arkansas State Redwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
Rookie

PaperExplosives's Arena

Re: re-signing players and free agents help

Increase the signing bonus. Don't make it more than the salary, but every player wants a fat bonus because that's the only guaranteed money in an NFL contract. You still have to offer a little more than they are asking; just go over by a few with a nice bonus and they'll be all yours.

I'm not sure about your last question, sorry! But I hope this helps you
Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

if they're interested (and you have the boosts for the coach), you can sign them damn near at 60-70 percent of the their asking price. i usually just make the signing bonus the overwhelming majority of the contract since i don't really cut a lot of players anyway. that's been my experience anyway.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

PaperExplosives's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swivel63
if they're interested (and you have the boosts for the coach), you can sign them damn near at 60-70 percent of the their asking price. i usually just make the signing bonus the overwhelming majority of the contract since i don't really cut a lot of players anyway. that's been my experience anyway.
The bigger the bonus, the more it takes away from your available funds, and if your funds get too low from offering so many huge bonuses then you won't have any bonus money. Without that money, nobody will want to sign.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Banned

I only give big bonuses to star players. That means my best players that I don't want to lose. Sometimes though, they won't resign regardless of what you offer. That's because of your team being a bad fit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperExplosives
The bigger the bonus, the more it takes away from your available funds, and if your funds get too low from offering so many huge bonuses then you won't have any bonus money. Without that money, nobody will want to sign.
i don't really do it with a lot of players. i've only resigned maybe between 1-3 guys each year, so it's never an issue. most other guys i let go, and just get replacements players in the draft. i don't even screw around with free agency very much other than to add some depth on the cheap. though i've picked up some beastly players for cheap, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »