Home

Why great players are a waste of time

This is a discussion on Why great players are a waste of time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why great players are a waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. brawler
sounds like ur terrible at defense lol
What defense? Madden doesn't have that...
Old 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

All madden seems to differ from all pro in that exact way. Instead of better play calling or execution, it increases difficulty by brain farting your players. When I switched from all pro to all Madden I kept the same sliders. Did it mid season, that is what I found. My players lose all awareness. Now I'm on a new ccm and trying to decide what level to play.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
I'm using All-Madden default sliders.
That's the problem there bro.. I don't know how other sports do it but the great people at madden decided to drop all the user skills on all madden instead of it being 50/50 with better CPU decisions.The result? Instead of the CPU making more decisive decisions maybe a cb jumps a route on all madden that he wouldn't on all pro they just decide to make all the players less than normal so no matter what kind of talent you have they are playing at a fraction of what they should...

I highly recommend you look into sliders..learn what you can and make your own set to what YOU like to see. I've been working at mine for about a season and I think it finally have them good to go. I fixed each area until it played how I liked it aka CPU pass-run my pass and run and such. If you can't stand the cheap cheese it's the only way to not see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #12
Rookie

Hey, what do you know, after Matt Schaub drives down the field with a 90%+ completion rate, I finally force a turnover. Except somehow it magically goes from being an Interception to being a Safety, with the Texans getting awarded 2 points:

http://youtu.be/3XdIaeyo26w
Old 02-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Hey, what do you know, after Matt Schaub drives down the field with a 90%+ completion rate, I finally force a turnover. Except somehow it magically goes from being an Interception to being a Safety, with the Texans getting awarded 2 points:

http://youtu.be/3XdIaeyo26w
By the rule, that is a safety - but thanks to wonky Madden physics. Your defender did attempt to advance the football after the interception thanks to the cluster**** collision with the tight end and linebacker. During that collision, your defender made contact with the tight end causing him to stumble forward and fall to the ground. At the point player contact with the ground is made, the ball had not completely cleared the endzone (plane of the goal line works the same for safeties - the ball has to be completely out to avoid a safety). Down by contact with the ball still in the endzone after a defender attempted to advance the ball = safety.

Correct call. Now, without the BS canned animations that the physics engine forced you into, the safety could have been avoided.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
By the rule, that is a safety - but thanks to wonky Madden physics. Your defender did attempt to advance the football after the interception thanks to the cluster**** collision with the tight end and linebacker. During that collision, your defender made contact with the tight end causing him to stumble forward and fall to the ground. At the point player contact with the ground is made, the ball had not completely cleared the endzone (plane of the goal line works the same for safeties - the ball has to be completely out to avoid a safety). Down by contact with the ball still in the endzone after a defender attempted to advance the ball = safety.

Correct call. Now, without the BS canned animations that the physics engine forced you into, the safety could have been avoided.
I couldn't find the NFL Rulebook online, but the related Touchback Wikipedia article disagrees with you:

"A defensive player intercepts a forward pass in his own end zone and the ball becomes dead behind or over the goal line. Like the instance of a kickoff or punt fielded in an end zone, the intercepting player can attempt to advance the ball but it is still a touchback as long as the ball never completely crosses the goal line into the field of play before it is downed."
Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I couldn't find the NFL Rulebook online, but the related Touchback Wikipedia article disagrees with you:

"A defensive player intercepts a forward pass in his own end zone and the ball becomes dead behind or over the goal line. Like the instance of a kickoff or punt fielded in an end zone, the intercepting player can attempt to advance the ball but it is still a touchback as long as the ball never completely crosses the goal line into the field of play before it is downed."
thats what I'm thinking, I've tried to advance interceptions from the end zone in madden, been tackled and had it ruled a touchback. that video probably turned out a safety due to the way the player and the ball tumbled out of the end zone sort of seperately with all the rolling and whatnot. a 1 in 100 turn of events for the engine really.

Also I feel like I get burned WORSE with bad players. at least the good players show up sometime throughout the game. the crappy lbs always get pancaked, the crappy WRs always drop passes, the crappy DBs always are getting burned. You are paying for less suck with most positions.

true with a stacked defense I still have to work to keep the cpu under 28 or so points but I usually still finish with 4-6 sacks and an INT or three. sometimes the game seems to decide you are going to lose no matter what, and I just wish that it threw that kind of adversity at you more often with less cheating (pro bowl tackles/guards getting obliterated and missing blocks seems to be the preferred method for madden).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Rookie

dubzy21's Arena

Ill just leave this here... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iders-559.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »