Home

QBs that give you problems....

This is a discussion on QBs that give you problems.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #9
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: QBs that give you problems....

Romo;

IRL-
As a Ft Worth native, he irritates the crap out of me because he plays just like his idol (B. Favre). The two worst big game QBs in the history of the NFL!!!

In Madden -
In the ultimate "Art imitating life" scenario - I have a terribly high propensity for throwing really stupid INTs as Romo, especially in meaningful games. Add in that his contract is huge and trading him is not really an option - so I am stuck with him til he retires...

Oddly enough, once he is gone I start winning title games, my INTs drop off significantly, and I even manage to accomplish some really outstanding QB play - even with much less "accurate" (according to ratings in game) QBs.

And every single time I have ever played against the Cowboys in M25 - Romo absolutely destroys my defense - both User/CPU controlled Romo kicks my butt each and every time.

I don't hate the guy IRL (I doubt he ever wins a second playoff game in his career which is depressing as a Cowboys fan), but in Madden I blankety blankin hate the guy...

Last edited by Trick13; 02-27-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Peyton Manning glitches man defenses with his audibles. He'll audible over and over again, and if you hold the Right Trigger you'll notice one of your coverage defenders standing still on the complete opposite side of the field of the receiver he's supposed to be covering. This glitch BS is one reason Peyton Manning seems superhuman in this game.

To "fix" your glitched defender, as soon as he calls an audible, audible to a zone defense play, and then immediately back to your original play. Sometimes you'll have to do it twice, especially if he has a player in motion. The end result should give you each of your defenders covering a receiver on their side of the field.

Of course, you have to do this EVERY time he calls an audible. Which is usually 4-5 times per play, since when you call your audible, he'll call ANOTHER audible, which means you have to unglitch your defenders again.

It ends up turning into a game of tennis before every snap, with you and Peyton trading audibles until the play clock runs down.

Not only this but he is the only Quarterback that is able to audible to any formation. I can't say how many times I've played him that he'll come out in a 4 wide set and by the end of the play he has Wes Welker lined up at TE with a LB covering him. I've found the only way to stop him at that point is to audible to a cover 3 and pray that he doesn't find someone deep down the field.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

I just sim the games in CFM because of that matchup maker he posseses. Peyton Manning can turn a 1 hour game into a 2 and a half hour game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
It ends up turning into a game of tennis before every snap, with you and Peyton trading audibles until the play clock runs down.
Glitching aside, this is how it should be when you play against him.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

The mobile QB's give me the most trouble. In franchise Minnesota drafted a guy called (something like) Jontavius Jacques. He ran for 100+ yards everytime I played him.
Luckily if you get a hit on him he is very injury prone!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with the mobile qb's with manning with all the audibles he does he tends to mess up I just played bronco's and he threw 4 int's should of been 5 but one in the endzone didn't count even though my defender dragged his foot.

another 2 qb's is andy Dalton and brock Osweiler brock took over when manning retired in my cfm and just shreads my defense same with Dalton its always a shoot out.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthoss
The mobile QB's give me the most trouble. In franchise Minnesota drafted a guy called (something like) Jontavius Jacques. He ran for 100+ yards everytime I played him.
Luckily if you get a hit on him he is very injury prone!
That's probably because him and his clone-buddy Price have like 90+ SPD and ACC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
That's probably because him and his clone-buddy Price have like 90+ SPD and ACC.
Its worth a roughing the passer penalty to get him out of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »