Home

QBs that give you problems....

This is a discussion on QBs that give you problems.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
QBs that give you problems....

No matter what team they are on or what receivers they have on their squad... what are some QBs that give you problems?

Just played @San Diego and that is now the home of Peyton Manning and although he had talented receivers, he did what he does every game against me. Completes 85% of his passes, 300+ yards... was a hell of a battle but I won 45-38.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: QBs that give you problems....

Peyton Manning glitches man defenses with his audibles. He'll audible over and over again, and if you hold the Right Trigger you'll notice one of your coverage defenders standing still on the complete opposite side of the field of the receiver he's supposed to be covering. This glitch BS is one reason Peyton Manning seems superhuman in this game.

To "fix" your glitched defender, as soon as he calls an audible, audible to a zone defense play, and then immediately back to your original play. Sometimes you'll have to do it twice, especially if he has a player in motion. The end result should give you each of your defenders covering a receiver on their side of the field.

Of course, you have to do this EVERY time he calls an audible. Which is usually 4-5 times per play, since when you call your audible, he'll call ANOTHER audible, which means you have to unglitch your defenders again.

It ends up turning into a game of tennis before every snap, with you and Peyton trading audibles until the play clock runs down.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Peyton Manning glitches man defenses with his audibles. He'll audible over and over again, and if you hold the Right Trigger you'll notice one of your coverage defenders standing still on the complete opposite side of the field of the receiver he's supposed to be covering. This glitch BS is one reason Peyton Manning seems superhuman in this game.

To "fix" your glitched defender, as soon as he calls an audible, audible to a zone defense play, and then immediately back to your original play. Sometimes you'll have to do it twice, especially if he has a player in motion. The end result should give you each of your defenders covering a receiver on their side of the field.

Of course, you have to do this EVERY time he calls an audible. Which is usually 4-5 times per play, since when you call your audible, he'll call ANOTHER audible, which means you have to unglitch your defenders again.

It ends up turning into a game of tennis before every snap, with you and Peyton trading audibles until the play clock runs down.
Ahhhh I didn't know this. This explains why 80% of his targets were to guys with no defender near him and I'm sitting here thinking "how did I not see that guy was wide open!?!?!"

Thanks for the heads up.

I do love how I can definitely tell a difference in Manning/Brady/Bees/Rodgers vs the rest of the NFL.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

Every backup qb in cfm...
Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsterDos
Every backup qb in cfm...
really? It was late in the season and I was playing the 12-3 Eagles with Matt Barkley as the starting QB. I was down 13 points going into the half. First play of 3rd quater he scambles with it and I hit him hard and he gets knocked out for the season. backup comes in and doesn't score a single point. I think he gained 2 first downs against me in the 2nd half and I went on to win by 7.

But some do seem better then their starters though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #6
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

I think I was playing against landry jones on all madden, he went 28/30 for 375 yards and 5 tds... I was the seahawks...
Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

manning because he keeps changing the play, but my defense never adjusts unless i do an audible.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
Just started!

This glitch BS is one reason Peyton Manning seems superhuman in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »