Home

MrSerendipity's League Revision - (Making the UK Work)

This is a discussion on MrSerendipity's League Revision - (Making the UK Work) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
MrSerendipity's League Revision - (Making the UK Work)

So I've decided to take over the Jacksonville Jaguars, simply so I could truly rebuild a franchise from the ground up whilst relocating them. I traded out players like MJD, Gabbert, Blackmon and etc. for picks in the draft so the team truly felt new. But before I did any of that, I needed to decide where this team was going to relocate.

I'm very happy to have Irish heritage and visiting the country was one of the greatest moments in my life. Thus, I decided I'd really like to relocate the Jaguars to Dublin. But I knew that a team simply moving to Dublin without another team in the UK would be too far-fetched.

Therefore I devised a scheme, that might actually be more far-fetched, that would send two teams to the UK. You see, I'm a smart Business Mogul, I know how badly the NFL wants to move into Europe. And I know how quickly they'd shut my Dublin choice down without a London team as a rival. So here was the plan:

As the owner of the Jaguars, I held a meeting with Roger Goodell that included Titans Owner Bud Adams, Texans Owner Bob McNair and Colts Owner Jim Irsay. And here is what I proposed:
  • The Jacksonville Jaguars move to the city of Dublin, Ireland.
  • The Tennessee Titans move to the city of London, England.
  • The Tennessee Titans relinquish the rights to the Houston Oiler brand to the Houston Texans.
  • The Texans and Titans close the book on their rivalry, as the Texans and Colts develop the Horseshoe Championship. A trophy rewarded to the Winner of the two-game series. In the event that they tie, it's awarded to the team with the best record.
  • The Titans and Jaguars start a new rivalry overseas when they adopt their new names.

This revitalized the Titans Franchise and made them an instant household name. They also got out of their poor situation in Tennessee with their crumbling stadium. The Jaguars got what they wanted in moving to Dublin and still having a division rival they could play in London. The Texans got the naming rights to the Oilers in the event they want to change back. And the Colts established a new rivalry and didn't have to sit back getting outvoted in the 3-1 vote Goodell held between the division owners.

What does everyone think about this?

I'll likely move the Raiders, Rams and Bills in the future but for now I've got the Titans on auto before I retire that character.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MrSerendipity's League Revision - (Making the UK Work)

I'm smoking Lemon Haze right now, what are you smoking?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I think it could work, but it would never happen in real life. If the NFL does move a team to Europe, it definitely won't be for a few years, if at all. Then, with a team in Europe, the NFL would wait many years, seeing how successful the team fared. The likelihood of a second team relocating to Europe is quite low regardless.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Rookie

This couldn't possibly work, there are simply not enough people in Ireland to make this financially viable. People in England would not make the trip regularly. The stadium would be empty
Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
Rookie

also ireland isnt in the uk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

Folks.

"Therefore I devised a scheme, that might actually be more far-fetched, that would send two teams to the UK."

I suggest right there that it's unrealistic.

And I'm aware Ireland isn't in the UK, everyone understands what I meant with that phrasing.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

Cool Re: MrSerendipity's League Revision - (Making the UK Work)

Dude, I say go for it. It's your CFM and if this makes it more enjoyable for you then have at it. None of us know what the future holds for the NFL and Europe. Our planet shrinks by leaps and bounds every few years so maybe this could happen in the next 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »